ETS training course COMETS: Designing Educational Programmes
Dates: 16-22 February 2020
Venue: Dunboyne, Ireland
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Russian Federation, Eastern Partnership countries, Western Balkan countries
Application deadline: 18th October 2019
COMETS is a one-week course that supports advanced trainers to explore a certain competence area defined by the ETS Competence Model for Trainers. This edition focuses on ‘Designing Educational Programmes’.
To explore and reflect on one’s practice when designing educational programmes.
- To raise awareness on your personal and professional patterns when designing educational programme.
- To reflect educational programmes design concepts from different perspectives
- To understanding the complexities of designing educational programmes
- To explore ways to stimulate, support and empower groups through inspiring educational programmes
- To explore the roles and responsibilities of trainers regarding the impact of educational programme.
- To explore how the design of educational programmes is influenced by the principles and values of Non Formal Learning.
The competences that this COMETS tackles are:
- Choose and designing appropriate methods for collection, interpreting and disseminating information
- Developing an educational approach based on the principles and values of non-formal learning
- Designing an evaluation process and impact assessment
- Integrating ICT, e-learning and other tools and methods into the educational activity
- Transferring knowledge or values related to the activity to learners
- Integration learners’ socio-political backgrounds into the education programme
COMETS is a training for trainers format which provides trainers, advanced in the implementation of international trainings for youth workers, with opportunities to come together to reflect upon, discuss and develop further on different competence areas of the ETS competence model.
In the context of COMETS, ‘advanced’ means that trainers-learners have the capacity to direct their own learning and in particular, the ability to self-assess their own competences and review their own training practice.
COMETS is part of the NA Strategic Partnership supporting competence development of trainers and herewith the quality of the training courses for youth workers implemented by these trainers.
Further reading is available about
Arrivals and departures:
Please note that arrivals are foreseen by the 16th evening (by dinner time which is at 19:30) and departures are foreseen on the 22nd morning.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme..
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Leargas – National Agency
- SALTO Training and Cooperation Resource Centre
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack COMETS.pdf
Contact for questions: