7-11 May 2014
The SOHO training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the EVS volunteer (e.g. mentors and task-related support persons) on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The support people play a crucial role in providing conditions for a quality voluntary service and creating opportunities for volunteer’s learning in EVS.
The overall aim of the SOHO training course is:
• To increase the quality of EVS activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around the volunteer in the EVS projects developed within the frame of the new European programme for youth starting in 2014
The specific objectives of the SOHO course are:
• To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS as “learning service” and related quality aspects in EVS
• To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
• To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the EVS volunteer support system
• To raise awareness of the learning dimension in EVS and provide tools for learning support
• To support the recognition of non-formal learning in EVS through the competent implementation of Youthpass
• To provide up-to-date information about the new European programme for youth
In addition to this, SOHO training is an excellent opportunity for EVS support persons to exchange their experiences, share good practices and for informal partnership building. All previous SOHO participants are most welcome to join the SOHO community at https://www.facebook.com/soho.trainers thus continuing networking after the course.
The network of National Agencies for “Youth in Action” organises a series of SOHOs each year. You’ll find an overview on all the upcoming SOHOs at http://www.salto-youth.net/SOHO/ .
- TC for newcomers in youth exchanges, Greece (youthinadvancement.org)
- International Volunteers Day Celebration (polskamemories.wordpress.com)
- On-arrival trainig (voluntariateuropeulh.wordpress.com)
- An EVS project – how does it work? (emandova.wordpress.com)
- My New Adventure – How it came about. (gibbytime.wordpress.com)
- Press release: £800 million to help UK students study overseas (gov.uk)