Training Course: DiscriminiACTion & Media
Dates: 8-16 April 2014
Venue: Krusevac, Serbia
Application deadline: 28th February 2014
Main theme of this TC is important role of media in everyday life of youth and presence of discrimination towards youth and violence in them.
Main theme of this TC is important role of media in everyday life of youth and presence of discrimination towards youth and violence in them. Training course will gather 30 participants from 10 different countries and it aims to equip them with knowledge about media, give them skills and competences needed for dealing with discrimination and violence issues, and by that to raise capacities of their organizations for their everyday work, to recognize and act against such human rights violations.
The overall aim of this training is to strengthen the competences of the participants of the training to use media as a tool in fighting against discrimination towards youth and violence in media.
The main objectives of the project:
– To increase knowledge about media as a tool in fighting discrimination, homophobia, hate speech and violence;
– To equip participants with knowledge and skills to recognize and act against discrimination towards youth and violence in media;
– To promote anti-discrimination on every level, particularly in the field of media and towards youth;
– To promote young people’s active participation in society, and especially to empower youth to take an active role in their communities in fighting discrimination and violence in media;
– To promote tolerance, equality and solidarity among different cultures, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds;
– To promote non formal education and non-violence as the only acceptable method for fighting against discrimination.
The TC will last seven working days and working language will be English.
Educational center – Krusevac
Contact for questions:
Youth In Advancement 18+
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options.
- NEW Training Course: CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS DEADLINE 24 January 2014 (yia18.org)
- Training Course: CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS DEADLINE 21 of JANUARY 2014 (yia18.org)
- Training Course. As MAX, as you can! Call for Participants. (yia18.org)
- Bulgarians in Serbia and Serbian-Bulgarian relations in the light of Serbia’s EU Integration (westernbalkanseu.wordpress.com)
- Training Course. Play yur cards right! Czech Republic (yia18.org)
- Air Serbia’s First Female Pilots take to the Skies (atn.aero)