Training Course: Diving into diversity : exploring identities
Dates: 16-20 June 2014
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 7th March 2014
Training course for youth workers working directly with young people wishing to tackle cultural diversity in their youth project and the competences it requires. Taking place in New Caledonia, it is dedicated to develop projects with this region.
This training is happening in New Caledonia, Cultural diversity being rich in this region it is important to understand the specificity of this territory. Moreover, due to its geographical localisation mobility and cultural diversity are a core thematic of Youth in the area.
Open for youth workers who wish to exchange and learn on how to engage young people in youth projects (through erasmus + projects) and how to work with young people with different cultural backgrounds.
1) to reflect and discuss on the need for specific competences to enhance cross communities work in youth work and its challenges
2) to exchange best practices through project examples on how to engage young people in youth projects (youth exchange, EVS, etc.)
3) to consider the challenging role of youth workers with diverse groups of young people in a changing world
4) to equip participants to implement future Erasmus + projects dealing with diverse cultures or different backgrounds youngsters taking into account the current situation in New Caledonia.
5 full days of programme
Day 1: Intro, team building, looking at concepts
Day 2: challenges for youth work
Day 3: project visit in a Kanak community
Day 4: study cases, competences for youth workers
Day 5: Erasmus + possibilities, partnerships, future projects, resources, evaluation
Please note, this course is aimed at exploring the need for specific competence to develop projects with New caledonia and its specific cultural diversity. Exchanging best practices on how to engage young people in different cultures activities or youth projects will be possible throughout the programme.
IMPORTANT: Due to the geographical localisation of New Caledonia, participants MUST be sure to be able (available) to travel to New Caledonia as from Friday 13th june due to jet lag.(Departure is planned on the 22nd june 2014)
70% of travel costs will be reimbursed.
All accommodation and food costs in the hotel are covered by the organisers.
New Caledonia Government
Contact for questions:
Youth In Advancement 18+
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options.
- [New Caledonia] Media stakeholders discuss self-regulation in the Pacific at PINA summit (islandsbusiness.com)
- [New Caledonia] Youth Employment Advocacy Initiative launched at the Second Pacific Youth and Sports Conference (islandsbusiness.com)
- Stade Numa-Daly Magenta – Noumea, New Caledonia (dailytrackpic.wordpress.com)
- In the footsteps of Cook, La Perouse and d’Entrecasteaux (anmm.wordpress.com)
- Last stop Noumea (choosingyourcruise.wordpress.com)
- Blogging from New Caledonia 1a (shawjonathan.wordpress.com)