Dates: 6-11 May 2014
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES
Application deadline: 10th March 201
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Erasmus+.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (power to people moments).
The program lasts for five full days with arrival day on 6th of May and departure day on 11st of May.
The program of the training course is available below in the Downloads section. In the same section there is available the Participants’ Information Pack.
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
How much will it cost you?
30% of your travel costs.
We will reimburse 70% of travel expensess. We will provide accommodation & food.
Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani
Contact for questions:
Youth In Advancement 18+
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options. yia18.org/ads
- Agenzia Nazionale Giovani (youthinactionodessa.wordpress.com)
- NEW Training Course.The Power of Non Formal Education, Sigulda, Latvia (yia18.org)
- Characteristics and basic differences between formal and nonformal (slideshare.net)
- Training Course. Non Formal Education For the Next Generation. Lanouaille, France (yia18.org)
- Formal education vs Informal (ratherdifferent.wordpress.com)
- Schools to make provision for non-formal education (herald.co.zw)
- Interview with Cédric Villani (scilogs.com)