We inform you that we are looking for 2 motivated EVS for FUNDACIÓN ALONSO QUIJANO
- Venue: Málaga (Spain)
- Start: SEPTEMBER 2014
- End: AUGUST 2014
- How long?: 10 Months
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Deadline to aply: 25th MARCH
- Skype-Interview: 5th APRIL
- HEI REF: 2013-ES-27
Tasks for the volunteer:
Proposed activities for EVS volunteers:
- Free Spanish language classes (Language and Culture), 1 ½ hours twice a week, given by a qualified volunteer, at an agreed time.
- Gain experience in useful skills for their professional future. The EVS provides skills and experiences, increases job possibilities and gives the chance of doing different works, so a choice is possible.
- Learn new skills. The EVS enables new challenges, know new people, new perspectives and ways of living which may encourage volunteers to reconsider their world perspectives.
- Secure and comfortable working environment, both in the hospital as in the Foundation; they both have all needed resources and both are secure.
We expect volunteers to participate in:
- Volunteering in the Mother and Child Hospital of Malaga, in the project “Get better with books”, Mondays and Thursdays, from 16:15 to 18:30. It consists in going to the rooms of the children and read them a story. Volunteers will be accompanied and guided by the responsible for volunteering.
- Support and collaboration in the Program “Spanish for immigrants”. This takes place throughout the week. we need to have all material in order and support with all needs which may arise (of teachers or students).
- Organization of digital and printed material (books, magazines, encyclopedias and varied documents which need classification (alphabetic or by subjects).
- -In the project “Books for the World” we need to organize, classify and repair the books sent, as well as help with the packing and transport. We constantly receive donations and we have to select them according to their usage and organize them and classify them.
- Support with the regular update of the Foundation’s web site: management of e-mail, revision of texts and images of web-site, introduction of new contents and update of details.
- Collaboration with the project “Mini libraries Alonso Quijano”: selection and classification of donated books; elaboration of packs for the different libraries; setting up of mini-libraries; coordination, with the responsible people from the organization, to carry out monitoring of the use of the different mini-libraries.
Volunteers will constantly be accompanied by some staff member and receive guidance and support for the activities carried out.
There are 5 people in charge of supervising the different EVS activities.
Para mas info:
AJ INTERCAMBIA – EUROPA ERES TÚ
ESTACIÓN DE BUSES DE MALAGA
Calle Roger de Flor, 29006 Málaga
- Family History: The Quijanos (sonsofquijano.wordpress.com)
- The Crowded Closet: Where Volunteers are Hidden Treasures (digitalphilcomm.wordpress.com)
- Further Questions: Is becoming a librarian still a reasonable dream? (hiringlibrarians.com)
- Time to be a student (spanishwolff.wordpress.com)
- Cataloguing and Classification Training Day (litlunch.wordpress.com)