Dates: 22-30 March 2014
Venue: Senta, Serbia
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Albania, France, Italy, Serbia, Spain, Turkey, FYROM
Themes of the training course: Nowadays, the biggest challenge for young people is to be employed and feeling useful for the society and for themselves. Thus, young people are creative with full of ideas, dreams and possibilities, nevertheless they don’t believe in themselves, don’t find the appropriate ways of express their talents and don’t have enough courage to start something new. To put their dreams into practice. This general overview fits in all young generation nowadays unfortunately, doesn’t matter where young people live. The challenge is everywhere.
As youth workers, our task is first of all to empower young people in order to use their creativity, to support them to find their best in their skills and competences, to encourage them to learn new things and use their knowledge in order to become an employee or even an entrepreneur. As people who directly work with young people, our responsibility not to kill the creativity of young people. We have to find the ways to encourage them to use their creativity in sports, in arts, in communication, in cultural aspects. Improve their competences concerning their needs in order to use it in the sake of communities and in the sake of their future. We need to empower them to become independent and self – confident young adults who know their values, talents and are able to benefit from those as responsible members of their societies.
The overall aim of the training course is to foster understanding of youth workers, youth leaders on importance of creativity and entrepreneurship of young people in nowadays’ societies. To share and develop methods and tools in order to enhance the creativity of young people in sports, in arts, in communication, in intercultural learning, etc. To practice empowerment of young people in order to make them aware of their own values and competences. To support them exploring their own personalities and strengths in order to realize what they need to improve or how they can be the best in the certain field. To give them guidelines in order to become employee or even an employer.
Learning objectives of the training course are: – To get acquainted with the term “Creativity and entrepreneurship” according to the Youth Strategy “Investing and empowering young people” of European Commission and the annual priority of Youth in Action Programme and according to the key competences of Youthpass;
– To share and develop methods and tools in order to enhance the creativity of young people in sports, in arts, in communication, in intercultural learning, etc;
– To practice empowerment of young people in order to make them aware of their own values and competences.
– To be able to support young people exploring their own personalities and strengths in order to realize what they need to improve or how they can be the best in the certain field.
– To share realities, tips and hints how youth workers can give support for young people to become entrepreneur in their communities;
– To plan local and international youth projects on empowerment, creativity and entrepreneurship for, by and with young people according to the proposals of Erasmus + programme. The methodology of the training course: The training course is based on the methodology of non – formal education.
Formal, non – formal and informal learning will happen during the whole programme among participants. The training course will be learner – centred and based on the needs and expectations of participants. Ongoing evaluation will be integrated into the programme. The programme itself has some theoretical and several practical parts based on the methodological flow.
Experienced trainers’ team will build up the whole programme based on the learning needs of the participants and revising the programme based on the assessment of the participants if it is needed. Some methods which will be used: self – assessment, small group work, theatre, drawings, ball games, handicraft, paintings, dancing, making interviews, preparing small business plans, feedback, etc.
Theoretical background will be according to the proposals of European Commission as European Youth Strategy, then Youth in Action Programme as annual priority and key competence “Creativity and Entrepreneurship” used by Youthpass. Practical background will be built up by the needs and competences of participants as having an own experience how they can find their creative sides by education through sports, arts, intercultural learning. After self – assessment and self – exploration concerning their personality, values and competences, they practice to use their creativity in reality. They need to make a small research within the training venue: how they can benefit from their creative skills and competences in the local community of the training.
They have to make the working plans and realize it during the training course. After this experience, they make working and business plans based on the reality of their own local communities how they can benefit from their creativity there. They will be out of their comfort zone and having a safe but useful learning within their risk/stretching zone in order to give support for their young people in the best way.
The project is financed by the Youth in Action program.
70 % of travel costs and 100 % of accommodation and food are covered.
Youth Organization of Senta
Contact for questions:
Phone: +381 63 853 358 1
Youth In Advancement 18+
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options. yia18.org/ads
- Seminar. Evaluation and promotion of the Youthpass. Fuerteventura, Spain. (yia18.org)
- Barrick Lumwana inspires Solwezi youths in business (times.co.zm)
- Training Course. Creative Entrepreneurship. Dresden, Germany. (yia18.org)
- CitizENtrepreneurship (ngocreativeminds.wordpress.com)
- How 6 Women Are Reviving Detroit From The Ground Up (forbes.com)
- Don’t give up, Erasmus urges Zambian youth (postzambia.com)
- Call for partners for projects in Croatia and Serbia (cetplatform.org)