Youth Exchange: Be equal!
Dates: 02 – 09 December 2016
Venue: Kobuleti, Georgia
Eligible are 30 youth workers coming from: Greece, Georgia, Italy, Moldova, Spain, Ukraine
Application deadline: 12th October 2016
The project ”Be equal” promote tolerance, respect and mutual understanding through artistic expression of cultural, religious, ethnic diversity between youth from different countries. They will be trained on the following topics: democracy values and mutual understanding, respect differences, break stereotypes and create network.
Participants will work into an multinational team, on a street theater performance. They will jointly prepare the scenario for the theater play, based upon the subject of local traditions and tolerance awareness.
Through theater and music, arts which express traditions and roots of a particular region, but also contemporary trends, the project aims to raise awareness of young people that “cultural differences” and “inter-cultural dialogue” are not abstract concepts but events in which they participate and benefit from and may use them to develop their local community. Using their own talents, skills and creativity together they need to find a common point between EU and Caucasus region.
Traditions of the important moments of the family life (birth, wedding, funeral etc.) exist in every culture; though the celebrations differ themselves, the need to celebrate these important moments and to share this experience with the rest of the
community is something that unites showing common roots of different cultures or nations. The multilingualism of the play is an essential point: actors will use their native language, for their better self-expression and breaking inter-cultural stereotypes. The play will be shown in Kobuleti. Additionally, participants will show the recorded performance back in their home countries to their local community.
Our goals are:
1. Cross-cultural learning and dialogue between the participants from different countries, with a view to promoting mutual understanding and tolerance;
2. To increase youngsters ‘knowledge about different culture/history/religion;
3. Development of creativity and involvement of young people in civil life through promoting “Erasmus+” opportunities among them;
4. To unite youngsters from different background, nations and culture;
5. To learn how to respect each opinion and break stereotypes through conducting of evaluation and discussion with young people from other countries;
6. To promote good neighbourly relations between the EU Member and non-EU States and to provide space for friendship and relationship through art and culture.
Youth exchange will help youth to realize how much engagement and developing their own interests and creativity, is beneficial for themselves and their local communities. Life offers to youngsters a world of opportunities for activities and fulfillment, to make their own lives more colorful and meaningful, with positive effects not only for them, but also to other actors of the community, by increasing participation in civic life.
The project aims to raise confidence of young people from deprived areas to express their own positive ideas and show that there are many interesting ways for these actions.
1. Youngsters aged 18-30 years representing partner organizations from Greece, Georgia, Italy, Spain, Moldova and Ukraine
Group size 30 participants: 4 participants per country + 1 team leader (here isn`t age limitation) from each country.
• The gender balance between participants shall be respected during the group selection.;
• The participants of the project are required to know and be able to communicate in English;
• The talent in art, music, dance, drama or theatrical play is additional value for the participation.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation.
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ program, within following limits:
Greece, Moldova, Ukraine: 170 Euro/participant.
Italy: 270 Euro/participant.
Spain: 400 Euro/participant.
Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
– There will be no Participation fee, for this project.
YiA 18, in partnership with Youth Centre of Georgia – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English
Profile of participants: Motivated young people, youth workers, policy makers, residing in Greece, Georgia, Italy, Moldova, Spain, Ukraine.