Youth Exchange: Be 3R! – No time to lose! Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
Dates: 16 – 22 November 2016
Venue: Thessaloniki, Greece
Eligible are 5 youth workers coming from: Greece
and includes 40 participants coming from: Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic, Spain, Romania
Application deadline: 28th October 2016
The project “No time to lose! Reduce, Recycle, Reuse” is a youth exchange which addresses art and environmental issues, through artistic creativity. Making a proper use of these tools we want to raise public awareness, related to environmental challenges in European and local level, for instance the city of Thessaloníki, Greece.
40 youth leaders and workers from Spain, Greece, Czech Republic, Italy, Portugal, Romania will cooperate through different art workshops to achieve one common goal. The main objective of the project is to draw attention to the problem of maintaining a clean environment.
During these 7 days of “No time to lose! Reduce, Recycle, Reuse” youth exchange, participants will have the chance to discuss current issues, share ideas how to preserve environment clean, to simulate simple steps that will help towards reducing the impact of negative factors, which is caused by counterfeiting of secondary raw materials.
All conclusions, suggestions and ideas of participants will be shown through different style of arts such as: video, theatre, art workshops with paper & plastic trash, bottles, reusing clothes etc. The result of the project will include a final report – video, related with the problem of environmental degradation, which will be broad-casted to local media channels.
Our goals are:
1. Cross-cultural learning and dialogue between the participants from different countries, with a view to promoting mutual understanding and tolerance;
2. To increase youngsters ‘knowledge about different culture/history/religion;
3. Development of creativity and involvement of young people in civil life through promoting “Erasmus+” opportunities among them;
4. To unite youngsters from different background, nations and culture;
5. To learn how to respect each opinion and break stereotypes through conducting of evaluation and discussion with young people from other countries;
6. To promote good neighbourly relations between the EU Member and non-EU States and to provide space for friendship and relationship through art and culture.
Youth exchange will help youth to realize how much engagement and developing their own interests and creativity, is beneficial for themselves and their local communities. Life offers to youngsters a world of opportunities for activities and fulfillment, to make their own lives more colorful and meaningful, with positive effects not only for them, but also to other actors of the community, by increasing participation in civic life.
The project aims to raise confidence of young people from deprived areas to express their own positive ideas and show that there are many interesting ways for these actions.
1. Youngsters aged 18-30 years representing partner organizations from Greece, Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic, Spain, Romania
Group size 40 participants: 5 participants per country + 1 team leader (here isn`t any age limitation) from each country.
• The gender balance between participants shall be respected during the group selection.
• The participants of the project are required to know and be able to communicate in English;
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation.
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ program, within following limits:
Greece: 80 Euro/participant*.
Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
*For those interested who will cover more than 100 klm, according to the Erasmus+ distance calculator.
YiA 18 – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English
Profile of participants: Motivated young people, youth workers, policy makers, residing in Greece, Portugal, Italy, Czech Republic, Spain, Romania