Training Course: SMS 2 “Show My Skills”
Dates: 24-30 April 2017
Venue: Siwa Oasis, Egypt
Application deadline: 25th March 2017
Training course in the sunny Egyptian Oasis on leadership and event-management skills communicate through non-formal learning, intercultural and experiential learning and designed for highly motivated young people active in youth organizations.
As Abraham Lincoln once said “The best way to predict your future is to create it”.
Our future is in the hands of the youth, that are in this moment preparing themselves to be the architects of the world.
There are many programs and projects that help youngsters develop their skills, and broaden their horizons and sometimes the focus become more on the quantity rather than quality. The journey from a small idea to the final implementation of youth activities is not easy and it requires knowledge and skills in both the project management and its leadership.
This year Show My Skills 2 will bring us together in a 7-day Training course, taking place where a spectacular natural exists. The knowledge gained during those 7 days of training will be crucial for the development of the participants. In the environment of the common understanding we will provide participants with new tools and skills that will result in developing new projects and activities for youth in the future.
Moreover this training will be an opportunity for the participants to share experiences among themselves that will further increase the quality of the created projects. By inviting to this project mostly NGO workers we tend to strengthen cooperation between different stakeholders and to make space for building long-lasting partnerships.
We will also encourage our participants toward creating a wide international network that will widen the international cooperation.
The main aim is to empower participants with skills and knowledge, to develop and lead international youth and volunteer activities worldwide.
• To develop participants understanding of the key principles of leadership and how to apply them.
• To promote entrepreneurial initiatives for youth, with youth workers.
• To strengthen participants communication skills including public speaking, presentation
skills, intercultural and cross-cultural communication.
• To improve participant’s skills in project management related to international youth and
• To provide participants with tools and skills how to design and implement international
activities for youth.
• To share best practices and contribute to improving quality and quantity of youth activities
• To foster international cooperation among youth from various countries.
• To empower participants to act as multipliers of the gain competencies in their local communities.
”Show my skills” will communicate by using the method of non-formal education such as simulations, outdoors activities, role playing, brainstorming, plenary discussions, etc. participants will gain new knowledge and they will understand what are the main features of a great leader.
The Training course is directed towards youth workers, youth leaders, young entrepreneurs, and young people active in youth organizations, volunteers, project managers that want to broaden their horizons in order to create and lead youth international activities.
This project is NOT financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Early bird fees :295 Euro (Deadline 25th of February 2017 )
Normal fees :400 Euro (Deadline 25th of March 2017)
The fees are covering:
-Courses, material .
– Accommodation for four nights in Siwa Dream Lodge Hotel.
– Transportation from Cairo or Alexandria International Airports.
-Transportation by bus from Alexandria, duration: 8 hours to Siwa.
-Full Board – meals and tea breaks.
-Tourist destinations, trip to the desert.
* Participants have to cover their own travel costs.
* In case you need a visa to Egypt – we will provide you the invitation letter.
Note :The Training course is 7 days include travel days In-case some participants want to arrive earlier or leave later , let us know, so we could help arrange your stay/direct you.
MI HI for Training and Development – NGO
MI-HI (Make It Happen Infinity) is a social enterprise and youth organization that is designed
to empower youth and take them out of their comfort zone to explore new possibilities of personal development.
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Show My Skills 2.pdf
Contact for questions: