Training Course: Diversity in Europe – Richness or ?
Dates: 10-17 February 2017
Venue: Elazığ, Turkey
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 4th January 2017
This training course is based on diversity issues in Europe and aims to increase the competences of youth workers on diversity management.
The richness behind the Europe’s diversity seen when it is looked up the all over of it which accommodates 88 another ethnicities under its roof. In addition to that, there is 150 different regional and ethnic language shows us the another dimension of the diversity.
In all over the world, the 175 million people are living outside of their country of origin and if we looked up the world population, if those people had a country and they will create the 3rd largest country in the world. When this issue taken into consideration, the power of this cultural diversity can be the steering power of the Europe in different manners.
Though, the obstacles on usage of that cultural diversity and the sustenance of that cultural richness are not managing this cultural diversity or not able to prevent the discriminations based on the stereotypes and prejudices. During the management of this process, the conflict management competences and the intercultural dialogue competences plays a crucial role.
The aims of the project:
– To increase the competences of youth workers on diversity management
– To create awareness on discrimination among the youngsters caused by prejudices and stereotypes
– To increase the competences of youth workers on inclusion in particular the inclusion of minorities and Roma people
– To increase the capacities of youth workers who works with the minorities, migrants or refugees
– Motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a intercultural setting
– has interest to work on cultural diversity and diversity in Europe
– sensitive on the intercultural dialogue and social cohesion and willing to create follow-up actions
– has a sufficient level of English ( B1-C1 )
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
The accommodation and food will be for free and there is no participation fee is asked.
Travel costs will be reimbursed accordingly to distance limit in cash on training site. You can see the max travel budget per country on below.
Lithuania : 360 EUR
Romania : 275 EUR
United Kingdom :530 EUR
Estonia : 360 EUR
Italy : 360 EUR
Hungary : 360 EUR
Slovenia : 360 EUR
Czech Republic : 360 EUR
Slovak Republic : 360 EUR