Training Course: Competences Unplugged
Dates: 15-22 September 2017
Venue: Forres, United Kingdom
Eligible are 29 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FR, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 30th April 2017
This training course focuses on competence development, particularly on the concept of inner readiness, to tackle the issue of youth empowerment and employability. We will use theatre, art, coaching, storytelling, & nature-based training elements.
This training course is designed to provide an innovative and experiential approach to competence development – the competences we all need in our lives and especially for work. In a society that seems to consider a competence just as another line to add on our CV, we believe that there is a much stronger human connotation to the whole concept of what a competence is and what it means to be competent.
We will spend the course going on a journey to find out about our inner readiness, that magic ingredient that brings to life the knowledge, skills and attitudes that make up a competence and that allows us to provide ourselves the conditions in which we feel ready to perform at our very best.
We feel that Youth Empowerment is at the heart of many issues in the lives of young people: having the self confidence, the belief in oneself that you are good enough, that there are opportunities for you out there and that you do have the ability to take them and you do have something meaningful to give. When someone is empowered, then the paths that lead to employability, entrepreneurship, engagement and improved life chances – are more clearly visible and laid out to walk upon.
This course is for those who work with young people – youth workers, youth field professionals, teachers, social workers, volunteers, active young people (18+), and students/young people who want to be more involved in the youth work field.
– To explore what a ‘competence’ is beyond a series of notions and practical abilities;
– To introduce and develop an understanding of the concept of Inner Readiness and provide tools on how to nurture it in young people;
– To inspire and empower young people and youth workers.
– To provide innovative tools and methodologies for those working and volunteering in the youth work field to strengthen their practice.
– To provide methodologies for youth workers to encourage entrepreneurial thinking, develop active participation and strengthen the employability of young people.
Mafalda Morganti (Italy)
Steven Gasgarth (UK)
Philipp Hausdorfer (Sweden)
The project has been financed by the Erasmus+ programme.
The costs related to accommodation and food will be completely covered by the hosting organisation and the travel costs will be covered according to the Erasmus+ standards as it follows:
– United Kingdom (100-499km): 180€
– Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, United Kingdom (500-1999km): 275€
– Portugal, Greece, Italy: 360€
– Turkey: €530
There is a participation fee for this training course. The fee is according to the possibilities of each participant, on a sliding scale between €60 and €120. Please take into account your personal circumstances, and also the difference in costs and standards across Europe with your fee.