Training of Trainers: Turn Hate Off
Dates: 14-20 May 2017
Venue: Misakstieli, Georgia
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia
Application deadline: 24th April 2017
The main purpose of TURN HATE OFF training course is to expand No Hate Speech movement and train No Hate Speech activists in the area of Caucasus. Project is funded by European Youth Foundation (Council of Europe).
What do we want to achieve?
• To educate youth workers, youth leaders, trainers and human rights activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia about values and ideas standing behind No Hate Speech Movement;
• To empower participants to spread No Hate Speech Movement in their own communities, schools and local media;
• To train and share the best practices of useful tools, how effectively combat and defuse hate speech;
• To introduce and train participants in using the “Bookmarks – a manual for combating hate speech online and through human right education;
• To support participants in developing their own No Hate Speech projects;
• To assure a long term, sustainable increase in quality of partner organisations’ work with combating hate speech and human rights issues in the region
Turn Hate Off Training of Trainers will be held by experienced No Hate Speech trainers, using non-formal, learning-by-doing educational methods. The applicant organisation – Youth Association DRONI, is focused on human rights education, gender issues and peacebuilding activites.
Who are we looking for?
Our participants are youth trainers, Human Rights activists, youth workers and youth leaders, who are actively involved in their local youth organizations in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. We are looking for people who are facing the hate speech phenomenon in their communities and are in need of necessary tools to deal with it.
Our participants shall already have some experience in human rights education and basic knowledge about hate speech phenomenon.
Participants of Turn Hate Off are also willing to be involved in spreading No Hate Speech movement (especially in frame of follow-up activities) and they are likewise motivated to gain knowledge and develop necessary competences to do it.
This project is financed by the Council of Europe.
Travel costs: will be reimbursed 80%.
The costs related to accommodation and food will be completely covered by the hosting organisation
A participation fee of 20 EUR is required. It will be deducted from the travel reimbursement.
Maximum amount that will be reimbursed: 35 EUR for Armenian participants, 50 EUR for Azerbaijani participants.