Training Course SOHO: European Training Course for EVS Support People
Dates: 17-21 October 2017
Eligible are max 30 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Eastern Partnership countries, Western Balkan countries
Application deadline: 4th September 2017
SOHO aims at enhancing quality of EVS projects through development of essential competences of support persons. It also provides up-to-date information to its participants on the opportunities given by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
The SOHO training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the EVS volunteer (e.g. mentors and task-related support persons) on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The support people play a crucial role in providing conditions for a quality voluntary service and creating opportunities for volunteer’s learning in EVS.
The overall aim of the SOHO training course is:
• To increase the quality of EVS activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around the volunteer in the EVS projects developed within the frame of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
The specific objectives of the SOHO course are:
• To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS as “learning service” and related quality aspects in EVS
• To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
• To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the EVS volunteer support system
• To raise awareness of the learning dimension in EVS and provide tools for learning support
• To support the recognition of non-formal learning in EVS through the competent implementation of Youthpass
• To provide up-to-date information about the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
In addition to this, SOHO training is an excellent opportunity for EVS support persons to exchange their experiences, share good practices and for informal partnership building.
All previous SOHO participants are most welcome to join the SOHO community, thus continuing networking after the course.
The network of National Agencies for Erasmus+ Youth in Action organises a series of SOHOs each year. You’ll find an overview on all the upcoming SOHOs.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your NA or your SALTO RC (EECA: firstname.lastname@example.org; SEE: email@example.com) to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Note for sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2017
YiA National Agency Sweden
SALTO T&C RC – coordinator
Participating NAs – selecting applicants and financing travel costs
SALTO SEE and EECA will support selection of applicants from both regions and finance their travel costs
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack SOHO.pdf
Contact for questions: