Training Course: Game of Wellness – practical tools and skills for sustainable youth work
Dates: 22-29 July 2017
Venue: Olomouc (ecological center Slunakov), Czech Republic
Eligible are 28 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 8th June 2017
We will explore the concept of “wellness” as a state of complete physical, mental, social & spiritual well-being and introduce practical & fun tools, games, strategies of promoting holistic health and personal development in young people & youth workers.
We will focus both on the personal and professional development, how the concept of wellness can empower both the youth workers and the young people they are working with. We wish to support our participants to find ways to healthier, more joyful and sustainable lifestyle and approach to work.
The training course is a 2nd edition of a successful training concept, that took place for the first time in December 2016 in the Czech Republic. How was it? Read this blog post!
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING COURSE:
– to support the professional development of those who work in education, training and youth with a view to innovating and improving the quality of teaching, training and youth work across Europe with the introduction of the concepts connected to “wellbeing, fun and sustainability” and its different dimensions, and concrete suggestions and activities to reach it;
– to raise participants’ awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries, offering them the opportunity to build networks of international contacts, to actively participate in society and develop a sense of European citizenship and identity,
– to increase the capacities, attractiveness and international dimension of organizations active in the education, training and youth fields so that they are able to offer activities and programmes that better respond to the needs of individuals;
– to reinforce synergies and transitions between formal, non-formal education, employment and entrepreneurship.
WHY THIS COURSE?
We see youth work as a demanding profession that requires a lot from their professionals. Youth workers, educators and trainers across countries and cultures start working with passion, dedicate their dreams and often their free time to their work.
Unfortunately, many in their everyday reality face lack of resources, time, social recognition or meaning which too often results in burnt out youth workers that no longer enjoy their work.
A burnt-out youth worker imbalances his work-life and as a result of a growing amount of associated stressors loses his initial energy, ideas, creativity, inspiration and patience that are so crucial in his work that addresses topics and issues that are important but difficult to repair or work on due to their complexity. (there is a need for self-care, work-life balance, sense of purpose in our work)
HOW WILL WE WORK?
Variety of non-formal education methods, the program will be co-created by the team and the participants.
The programme will include time slots for workshops that will be facilitated by participants (meaning: possibly YOU!), to be offered to the rest of the group, in a structure of parallel sessions.
You will have a chance to offer a good practice, an innovative methodology or activity connected with the topics of the course.
The training course has been funded through Erasmus+ Youth in Action programme.
For more information have a look here:
Accommodation and meals during the training course will be provided. The travel costs of the participants will be refunded after the training course (after participants send all their travel documents etc.) to this maximum amounts:
- Bulgaria, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Romania, Spain, United Kingdom – 275 EUR
- Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic – 180 EUR
Participation fee: Money shouldn’t be the only obstacle against your participation – therefore we suggest a sliding scale from 40 to 100€ for participation fee.
For students and persons without paid job we suggest 40-60€, for other we suggest 60-100€ according to their financial possibilities and the value they see in 8 days training programme.
Dobroti – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Game of Wellness InfoPack.pdf
Contact for questions: