Training Course: Welcome Refugees
Dates: 31 May – 8 June 2017
Venue: Batumi, Georgia
Eligible are 1 participant coming from: Greece
Application deadline: 21st May 2017
ATTENTION: Last call for participant.
The main aim of the project is to bring a positive change and support the implementation of the European policy agenda for the growth, peace building, integration and social inclusion via non-formal education.
“Welcome Refugees” is an Erasmus+ project aims to cover, explore, discuss and deal with the integration related challenges linked to the refugee’s flows. Creating of the network of the civic organizations working or willing to work in the field, promote new tools and methodology among youth workers and NGO workers in order to strengthen the integration and peace building process in the global community is a main feature of the project.
Overall objectives of the project are the following:
• Create a network of the organizations working in this field;
• Explore migration policy of EU and enroll civic society in the process;
• Rise up an awareness about the migration among the youth workers and NGO workers;
• Stimulate the idea of social integration and peace building in Europe;
• Share the best practice connected with the management of migration among the Youth NGOs and youth workers;
• Encourage young people to be actively involved in social life;
• Motivate the youngsters to be an active European citizen in general;
• Promote non- formal learning and present it as a tool for the participation and development;
• Promote outdoor activities;
• Promote inter-cultural exchanges, tolerance and the solidarity in general;
• Spread the information about the Erasmus+ stimulate future cooperation.
During the Training Course will be used different activities and methods such as group works, video productions, role play games, simulation games, brainstorming, team building games, workshops, debates, Meeting with representatives of EUMM, Festival in immigrant’s settlement – Exploring life between leaving and arriving, Country Reports: History of Migration in the participating countries, presentations and cultural evenings.
NOTE: Before applying please contact the Sending Organizations of your residence country for selection process. Learn about possible participation and other relevant rules.
We are looking for participants from from: Sweden (4), Georgia (4), Turkey (4), Italy (3), Poland (3), Ukraine (3), Greece (3), Germany (3).
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Programme.
The maximum amount for travel reimbursement for participants from eligible countries can be found in attached PDF document.
Participants will be reimbursed of their travel costs according to the rules of the “Erasmus+” programme. In order to reimburse your travel costs, we`ll need your ticket, invoice and boarding pass.
The refunding of costs will be done in EUR (according to official rate of currency recognized by “Erasmus+” programme) through bank transfer after collecting all required travel documents (invoice, ticket, boarding pass) included the travel of the participants to their home countries.
Unfortunately, we don`t cover the insurance fee of the participants.
Participation fee: 30 Euro.
The participants will not need to have Georgian visa.
Progressive International Dialogue and Student-Youth Council – NGO
YiA 18 – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Welcome Refugees InfoPack.pdf
Contact for questions:
Contact for questions:
Working language: English
Profile of participants: Motivated young* people, residing or travelling through Greece.
* The composition of the Greek group will be consisted of: 3 youth-workers, youth leaders policy-makers, with no age restriction.
Age bracket: 18+