Training Course Like a Boss: Making Erasmus+ work for you. A Training for Senior Managers
Dates: 27 February – 2 March 2018
Venue: Dublin, Ireland
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 8th January 2018
This training is for CEOs and senior youth work staff to support them to integrate international youth work opportunities into their organisational plans and strategies. The event also aims to develop leadership and dialogue skills.
This is an international training, designed specifically for CEOs and senior staff of youth organisations. This is a 3-day training (27 February is a travel day).
Some of the issues that will be addressed in the training include:
• Values of Erasmus+ Youth in Action
• Challenges faced by youth organisations and how Erasmus+ can help to address these
• Emerging themes and issues faced by youth organisations
• How to start integrating international youth work into plans and strategies
• Peer-to-peer exchanges
The event also aims to develop leadership and dialogue skills through a specific module which will be delivered by the Community Action Network, specialists in providing training in transformative leadership skills for senior managers.
Participants will be equipped with essential tools to bring back to their organisations, such as:
• Leadership and dialogue practice
• Strategic practice/thinking
• Building international youth work/Erasmus+ into youth work practice
Time will be provided for participants to network, exchange practices and experiences from their respective contexts.
This training takes place as part of the project Europe Goes Local- Supporting Youth Work at a Municipal Level. This is a three year Strategic Partnership project under the Erasmus+ programme with the aim of raising the quality of youth work, in particular through enhanced cooperation between various stakeholders.
It gathers 24 National Agencies, the SALTO-YOUTH Participation Resource Centre, the Partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth, the European Youth Forum and two networks: POYWE and InterCity Youth. JINT, the Belgian-Flemish National Agency of the Erasmus+ youth programme, is responsible for the overall coordination of the project. The project runs from July 2016 till May 2019.
The aims and objectives of Europe Goes Local including:
• Supporting the recognition, practice and quality development of youth work as part of municipal youth policy
• Strengthening the European and international dimension of youth work at the municipal level
• Developing strategies and measures for National Agencies of the Erasmus+ youth programme to support youth work
• Contributing to the development of youth work as part of European cooperation in the
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
For sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2017
Léargas – National Agency
Phone: +353 1 887 1260
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Europe Goes Local.pdf
Contact for questions: