Training Course: Train Europe
Dates: 3-9 February 2018
Venue: Austrian Alps, Trofaiach, Austria
Eligible are 3 participants coming from: Greece
and Involves 27 participants coming from: Portugal, France, Austria, Greece, Poland, Bulgaria, FYROM, Slovenia, Romania, Spain
Application deadline: 8th January 2018
This project is designed as a training course for youth workers, youth leaders and young activists to improve their work when educating young people on cultural diversity, participation and active citizenship having the European dimension and the European union as the peace project in the focus.
We strongly believe that people need to know the facts about immigration in order to have a clear picture regarding to the current immigration situation, understand the reality of the
immigrants, explore the truth behind political communication, discover the human behind the crisis and explore the possibilities for giving support and cooperate together for the peace of Europe and for the peace of people who survived wars.
Fear is a power, nevertheless Love is a power, and we would like to give the chance to choose between them based on information and campaigning offline and online against xenophobia and racisms towards immigrants/refugees/human beings.
The needs, fears we would like to reflect to in our project:
- Biggest immigration pressure on Europe in modern times;
- No exact and general solution plans from EU countries, since the phenomenon is very
quickly escalating. It even causes tension between the EU countries;
- Growing fears of local population, even encouraged by political forces;
- Growing racism and radicalisation;
We selected these topics, because our main idea was that we have to reflect on what is happening at the moment, since we cannot avoid being involved in these happenings, because of our previous work, our values and principles. We have the potential background to contribute to the solution on our level.
The overall aim of the training course is to fight against xenophobia and arising racism towards immigrants, to change the negative feelings regarding to migration into positive approach based on understanding of the backgrounds of immigrants and the political and cultural based roots of fears and ignorance of the societies. To train youth workers, youth leaders how to invent offline and online campaigns with, for and by young people in order to support the integration of young people with immigrants’ background and fight for humanity and European values.
Learning objectives of the mobility project:
- To raise awareness on the reasons of ignoring, generating fears from immigrants, and
becoming racists connected to immigration in the EU;
- To gain experiences on developing and improving methods, tools and techniques in
order to discover and accept cultural and religious diversity;
- To clarify and define the meaning of stereotypes, prejudices and discrimination based
on human rights education related with migration;
- To identify and define the roots and origins of xenophobia and racism;
- To develop critical way of thinking;
The methodology of the mobility project:
- The project is based on the methodology of non – formal education; it will be voluntary
based and learner – centred.
- Experienced international trainers’ team will conduct all methods based on the needs and expectations of the partner organisations and the participants. In the
preparation phase local research in the participated countries will be run about the reasons of ignoring, generating fears from immigrants, and becoming racists connected to immigration.
- The results will support youth workers, teachers and young people to understand their feelings and reactions and where these perceptions come from. This understanding can help to fight against xenophobia and racism and can be used as a fundamental base of campaigns.
- Campaign booklet against xenophobia and racism, including correct information about the reasons of immigration, the immigrating groups and their cultural and religious backgrounds: during the project local campaigns will be run by young people with the support of youth workers, teachers, social workers, psychologist, etc. These campaigns will happen in online and offline forms and addressing all parts of societies in order to spread the true facts from immigrants instead of lies and find more humanitarian aids for people in need.
Profile of participants:
- youth worker; – involved in activities with vulnerable groups;
- interested about the topic;
- availability to attend full training;
- English speaker;
- committed to use the knowledge they gain in their future activity and multiply the results of the training.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation.
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus + program, within following limits:
Greece: 275 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
– Participation fee 50 euro* per participant. The fee will be deposited after succesful selection of the candidates (non-refundable in case of cancellation).
*20+30 euro for both hosting & sending organisation
YiA 18, in partnership with VEREIN – InterAktion, NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English
Profile of participants: Motivated young people holders of EU passport, residing in Greece.
Age bracket: 18+ years old