Training Course: conVERSations: Slam Poetry for Youth Inclusion
Dates: 20-29 April 2018
Venue: Măguri-Răcătău, Cluj county, Romania
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania
Application deadline: 2nd February 2018
We will experience Slam Poetry as a development method to give young people a voice, and to empower them to believe that their vision about life is valuable, necessary and significant for their community.
Slam Poetry is a form of spokenword art. Spokenword involves performance-based poetry that focuses on the genuine approach of the author on different life events and dillemas.
The art of spokenword has existed for many millenia. The tradition of the spokenword is particular to cultures around the world when oral traditions were the means to pass on the knowledge to the future generations.
During conVERSations training course, the participants will:
- experience themselves the creative process of generating a poem based of their personal experience
- understand the educational use of slam poetry in youthwork
- create a learning experience based on slam poetry, back in their country, for the community they work with.
The relevant profile of the participants for this project is focused on different criteria.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH SLAM POETRY IS REQUIRED!
Even so, if you like to write from time to time, if you do journaling, if you like poetry or arts in general, this might support you on the way.
Our future participants:
- prove their need of a method that tackles the social inclusion issue;
- have access/are already working with a group of marginalized youth;
- commit to create a learning experience based on Slam Poetry method for young people, after the training course;
- are willing to develop themselves personally and professionally;
- want to try new approaches and methods;
- want to develop their creativity, open-mindedness and work in an intercultural learning environment.
If you are based in one of our partner countries (Romania, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Greece, Latvia, Bulgaria), please read the infopack and follow this link for application
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed after the training, when we receive all travelling bills including boarding passes.
Travel cost will be reimbursed up to the following limit, in euros: