Conference: Youth for Peaceful Europe – study session on cooperation towards sustainable culture of peace
Dates: 19-24 March 2018
Venue: European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary
Eligible are 39 participants coming from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, KOSOVO* UN RESOLUTION, Netherlands, Poland, Russian Federation, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Eastern Partnership countries
Application deadline: 9th February 2018
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) in cooperation with the European Youth Centre of the Council of Europe, Youth Department, organizes the study session “Youth for Peaceful Europe” in European Youth Centre Budapest, Hungary on 19th – 24th March 2018
The study session aims to empower young people involved in peacebuilding to contribute to the strengthening of the culture of peace in Europe through wide cooperation based on activities promoting conflict transformation and non-violence.
– To map conflict risks in the communities of participants and at the pan-European level and respond to them with innovative human rights education approaches that youth can apply in peace-building.
– To create a common space for participants to share their experiences, challenges, achievements and practices of peacebuilding initiatives on local level.
– To equip peacebuilders with tools related to conflict transformation activities based on human rights education and intercultural learning including the Council of Europe’s relevant work and tools.
– To explore and build non-violent tools and methodologies to achieve democracy and human rights, including civil resistance.
– To equip participants with advocacy and project management skills and encourage them to plan common activities promoting culture of peace at the European, regional and local level.
– To establish sustainable cooperation between Youth Peace Ambassadors Network and Youth Peace Camp Alumni as well as peacebuilders with experience outside of the Council of Europe youth field.
Profile of participants/eligibility criteria:
– Young peacebuilders including Youth Peace Ambassadors Network members and Youth Peace Camp alumni.
– Age of participants: 18-30 (however some of the participants may be over the age of 30);
– Having good command of English.
– Being motivated to cooperate with the Youth Peace Ambassadors Network or other represented individuals.
– Being motivated to act as multipliers and implement local, regional or international activities in their communities.
– Having practical experience in youth work and activism.
– Being able to attend the whole period of the study session.
Dates and Place
The study session will take place in March 19th to 24th of 2018 in the European Youth Centre of the Council of Europe in Budapest, Hungary.
Participants are expected to arrive on 18th and depart on 25th March 2018.
For more details: please refer to the attached call for participants
For further information and/or support please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is NOT financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
The enrolment fee for study sessions is € 50 per participant.
The fee is deducted from the refund of travel expenses.
All persons attending the study session must complete a travel reimbursement form even when there are no travel expenses and pay the enrolment fee due to the Youth Department of the Council of Europe before the end of the meeting.
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network – NGO
European Youth Centre of the Council of Europe, Youth Department – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Youth for Peaceful Europe.pdf
Contact for questions:
Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by some countries)