Training Course: The Incubator – less WORK for more IMPACT
Dates: 13-16 April 2018
Venue: De Glind, Netherlands
Eligible are 25 to 30 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 28th February 2018
This training course aims to support the youth field to identify and understand how the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme can be used to achieve a desired local social change and transformation.
-Understanding the value and position of an Erasmus+ Youth in Action activity as a tool within a long term educational process.
-Designing a strategical educational process, starting from the assessed needs towards the desired impact.
-Understanding the support function of Erasmus+ Youth in Action in educational processes with young people.
-Working towards concrete impact on individual/organisational/community level.
– A better understanding of the ‘how and why’ of needs analysis.
Participants: profile & number
– 25 to 30 participants
– youth workers (professional and volunteer), youth leaders and decision makers in the field of youth
– the course is open for newcomers and participants with experience in one particular Key action. The course is not designed for youth workers with extensive experience in Erasmus+ Youth in Action
– the course is open for two participants from the same organisations (e.g. a youth worker and a decision maker/board member) in order to increase the chance to implement the developed strategy back home. If you want to participate with two, please justify this in the application form.
Flow of the training process
– Projects under Erasmus+ Youth in Action are not always coming from real needs of the local community.
– Needs assessment is often done by the person in charge of the project, without involving target groups, peers, board members or other stakeholders.
– The impact of Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects is often limited and not monitored in a long-term perspective.
– Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects are often additional/extra work and are not always connected with the educational aims and objectives of the beneficiaries.
– Participants will be able to use Erasmus+ Youth in Action as a toolbox that contributes to the educational objectives of their organisation and their daily work. Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects are not the final product, but are/can be part of a local kick off for change and new local initiatives.
– Participants will design projects coming from identified needs in their local community, and focus on concrete outcomes and long term impact (on individual/organisational/community level).
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
For NAs: this is a 2017 TCA activity
Erasmus+ Youth Netherlands – National Agency
Phone: 0031 30 2306508
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: