Training Course: Le Pouvoir des Educations – The Power of Non Formal Education
Dates: 27 October – 1 November 2018
Venue: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 20th June 2018
ATTENTION: French speaking seminar!
To promote complementarity between actors from formal and non-formal education towards a more inclusive society. The programme will be build around a diversity of interactive and participative methods.
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Youth in Action.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring.
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
– To promote education as an effective tool for empowerment.
– To promote cross-sectorial cooperation in education by bridging different approaches and methods between formal and non-formal education actors
– To identify what we have in common between formal and non-formal education
– To make participants feel and reflect about the power of different educational activities used during the training course
– To fight against passivity of learners by growing curiosity and motivation to learn in any educational settings
-To reconsider our daily educational practices
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
For this training acommodation will be in single rooms.
ANEFORE in collaboration with the Service National de la Jeunesse – National Agency
Phone: 00 352 2478 6477
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Les Pouvoir des Educations.pdf
Contact for questions: