Training CourseOMG (Other Museums Generation!): 2018 European year of culture and heritage. Youth in action at the Museums
Dates: 26 June – 1 July 2018
Venue: Madrid, Spain
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 20th May 2018
OMG (Other Museums Generation!)! Cultural heritage shapes our identities and everyday lives. The purpose of this seminar is to create new synergies between youth, art and cultural heritage.
On the occasion of the celebration of 2018 as the European Year of Heritage, the Spanish National Agency for Youth organise this TCA activity with the aim of providing tools to youth workers and leaders of youth organizations, in order to work with young people with an approach to art and heritage.
During this 4-day training course, contemporary dance, comics and different aspects of art and heritage as a tool for change and social reflection will be worked on in different days.
We will develop non formal activities with young people in order to discover the cultural heritage, creative process as methodology to work with young people; we also generate spaces for reflection and creation in order to design common strategies with young people
To raise awareness about the potentiality of cultural heritage and art as non-formal education resources for young people as well as to generate cooperation strategies and synergies.
– To generate cooperation strategies and synergies between the youth and cultural field.
– To discuss and further understand how to make a bidirectional integration of both programs (cultural&youth).
– To exchange and enhance experiences developed in the frame of the cultural heritage.
– To explore and promote contemporary art and museums as tools for non-formal education activities with young people.
– To make participants familiar with different artistic expressions in order to promote non formal education activities, such as:
o Comic illustration
o Musical performative expression
o Performing arts
o Resources that were created in digital form
o Images, video, record
– To make visible the European year and cultural heritage.
– To facilitate networking for future cooperation in Erasmus+ Youth in Action program
Therefore, the purpose of this seminar is to develop the participants’ competences in the use of art as a powerful tool in non-formal education activities with young people.
This seminar is funded with TCA 2018.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel…) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets.
Note For Sending NA´s: this seminar is funded with TCA 2018.
Spanish NA – National Agency
Autonomous Region of Madrid
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Draft Timetable OMG.pdf
Contact for questions:
Ana Isabel Rodriguez