Training Course SOHO: European Training Course for support people in Erasmus+ Youth in Action Volunteering Activities
Dates: 21-25 November 2018
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Eastern Partnership countries, Western Balkan countries
Application deadline: 30th September 2018
SOHO aims at enhancing quality of Volunteering Activities through development of essential competences of support persons. It also provides up-to-date information on the new EU initiative European Solidarity Corps to support volunteering for young people.
The SOHO training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the Volunteering Activities (formlery called EVS) – e.g. mentors and task-related support persons – on the hosting, sending and coordinating side.
The support people play a crucial role in providing conditions for a quality voluntary service and creating opportunities for volunteer’s learning in Volunteering Activities.
The overall aim of the SOHO training course is:
• To increase the quality of Volunteering Activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around the volunteer in the Volunteering Activities projects developed within the frame of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
The specific objectives of the SOHO course are:
• To get a better understanding of the concept of Volunteering Activities as “learning service” and related quality aspects in Volunteering Activities.
• To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
• To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the Volunteering Activities support system
• To raise awareness of the learning dimension in Volunteering Activities and provide tools for learning support
• To support the recognition of non-formal learning in Volunteering Activities through the competent implementation of Youthpass
• To provide up-to-date information about the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
In addition to this, SOHO training is an excellent opportunity for Volunteering Activities support persons to exchange their experiences, share good practices and for informal partnership building.
The network of National Agencies for Erasmus+ Youth in Action organises a series of SOHOs each year. You’ll find an overview on all the upcoming SOHOs.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your NA or your SALTO RC (EECA: email@example.com; SEE: firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Note for sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2018
YiA National Agency Luxembourg
SALTO T&C RC
NAs Germany, Netherlands and Poland cofinancing hosting costs
SALTO SEE & EECA RCs (selecting applicants and financing travel costs)
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack SOHO.pdf
Contact for questions: