Training Course: Individual youth work in youth mobility projects
Dates: 4-12 September 2018
Venue: Daugirdiskes training center, Lithuania
Eligible are 32 participants coming from: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania
Application deadline: 13th July 2018
The training course will gather 32 youth workers from Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Romania, Poland, Estonia, Italy and Croatia in Lithuania from 4th to 12th of September, 2018.
International training course “Individual youth work in youth mobility projects” is implemented under the Erasmus+ program, KA1 action. The project is implementing by partners: Maltos ordino pagalbos tarnyba (Lithuania), JASMA (Latvia), Maltezka pomoc (Czech Republic), The Romanian Maltese Relief Service (Romania), Universum NGO (Poland), HEAK (Estonia), TRIPS (Italy), OCEAN ZNANJA U REPUBLICI HRVATSKOJ (Croatia).
Aim of the training course:
The project aims to develop competences needed for individual work with young people in order to foster their inclusion and empowerment.
1. To explore the concept of individual youth work, inclusion and empowerment of young people with fewer opportunities.
2. To develop individual youth work competences of youth leaders/workers from partner organizations in mentoring, coaching, counseling.
3. To share good practices from partner organizations on different individual youth work methodologies for fostering inclusion and empowerment of young people with fewer opportunities.
4. To develop high quality future international projects within Erasmus+.
5. To create youth work support system with help of intervision in each partner organization.
The target group of the project are youth workers, youth leaders working directly with young people (especially with fewer opportunity youth).
We will select people who are:
– Active in direct, educational work with young people: Youth workers, teachers, sports coaches and youth leaders, having at least 1 year direct working experience with youth groups;
– Facing challenges in empowerment and educational work with young people;
– Those who are aiming to involve young people with fewer opportunities into their educational activities;
– Language: able to communicate, actively take part in complex discussions in English;
– Able to participate in whole duration of the training programme;
– Is committed to disseminate of project results in their countries and communities;
– Interested in sharing experiences and gaining new ones from European partners;
– Have support from their organisation (or right to decide) for initiating educational projects.
Methodology of the training course:
Main principles we will follow during the learning process are:
1. Learner centred approach – it will be taken into account the personal needs and interests of each participants leading to personal and professional development.
2. Dealing with diversity – by creating the safe environment the diversity within a group will be seen as the source for sharing and learning.
3. Relevance to reality – the learning will be as close as possible to the reality of the participants making the links to and taking the examples from the real situation of the participants.
4. Learning from the experience – the personal experience of participants will be the source for learning by reflecting on it and making the conclusions for further application.
5. Active participation – space and conditions for active participation will ensure active role and involvement of the participants during the learning process.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Board, lodging is covered by EU programme ERASMUS+ following its regulations.
1. Accommodation and food will be provided by organizers.
2. There is no participation fee.
3. For your travel:
The organization ecological policy requires participants from Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia to travel by most ecological means of transport (bus, train or car). Max amount of reimbursement: Latvia – 60 EUR, Estonia – 120 EUR, Poland – 120 EUR, Lithuania – 30 EUR.
Participants from Italy, Romania, Czech Republic, Croatia, are required to plan their trips as early as possible and to choose the cheapest ways of traveling. Max amount of reimbursement – 250 EUR.
NOTE: Please, do not buy any tickets before the organizers have approved your participation.