EVS: Mirando al Futuro
Dates: 6th November 2018 – 6th August 2019 (9 months)
Venue: Ourense, Spain
Eligible is 1 participant coming from: Greece
Application deadline: 26th July 2018
European Voluntary Service provides to young volunteers a unique opportunity to live in a foreign country and collaborate with a fair cause, a personal and professional growth experience free of charge.
The participant will spend 9 month in Spain and will work as a volunteer in different actions related to the elaboration, design and execution of environmental programs and activities and in local, national or international campaigns of the hosting organization, for example in the line of work which is carried out as Youth or Environmental initiatives.
Furthermore, the volunteer will be allowed to integrate their own ideas and experience. We’ re completely open to new suggested projects from our international volunteers, knowing that their inputs can be really valuable.
Mirando al Futuro EVS project, will promote the conservation of the peri-urban natural enclaves of the city of Ourense and the ecological restoration of other degraded peripheral areas, creating a natural continuum that avoids physical and ecological fragmentation.
There will be developed awareness activities and Environmental Education with the ultimate aim of involving citizens within the environmental conservation initiatives.
With these activities we will provide training in sustainability, ecological agriculture, labour orientation and availability of land for orchards, for people belonging to groups at risk of social exclusion.
A rural for all program is complemented with advice on the creation of small farms and cultivation of agro-ecological products. Finally, there will be established a small bank of land which will be allocated for the project’s participants, located at the city of Ourense. Project’s participants will be able to practice ecological agricultural practices for their own consumption or for raising funds for the implementation of local initiatives.
For achieving these objectives, the promoters plan the following activities:
- Training in ecological agriculture to target groups.
- Targeting to the target groups.
- Active support for labor insertion.
- Land search for orchards.
- Setting up organic gardens.
- Work in the gardens.
- Preparation of materials.
- Design and construction of the ecological garden in permaculture.
- Communication, dissemination and publicity of the project
Design and preparation of the proceedings.
- Design of hiking trails in non-tourist areas of the city.
- Geolocation of degraded spaces.
- Study and inventory of fauna and flora.
- Creation of digital databases.
- Communication of spills and degraded spaces to the Civil Guard or the SEPRONA.
- Creation of a traveling exhibition of trails and signs of fauna for Universities and PF.
- Design and development of Environmental Education activities in schools, associations and universities.
- Communication, dissemination and publicity of the project.
In addition, project’s participants will participate in all the activities of the association such as:
– Progam ECO-Schools.
– Participate in events related to the environment: Earth Day, Environment Day, Tree Day, etc.
– Editing of didactic material (brochures, posters …) for specific activities, students and general public.
– Training of young people and children in the rural community through workshops and non-formal education, etc.)
– Participate in the field activities to know the Natural Parks in which we work: monitoring of fauna, monitoring and studies of biodiversity, orientation …
– Design and participate in different workshops: urban gardens, edible terraces, urban beekeeping, renewable energy, waste, compost, games and toys with reused materials, responsible consumption …
– Participate in the planning, programming and development of camps, work camps, youth exchanges, courses, seminars, training programs, both nationally and internationally.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation. 100% for travel cost (maximum amount see down).
– Provided health insurance.
- Food and accommodation is FREE
- Everything is FREE OF CHARGE for the volunteer!
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ program, within following limits:
Greece: 360 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
- Monthly allowance: 235 euro for the volunteer (pocket money+food allowance)
YiA 18, in partnership with Sustinea, Ourense – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English (basic knowledge)
Profile of participants: Motivated young people (17-30 years old), residents of Greece.