Training Course: ENACT_Empowerment through Nature, Authentic Communication and Theatre
Dates: 6-13 April 2017
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 31st January 2017
“Enact” is an innovative 8-day Erasmus+ training course designed to develop the competences of youth workers, trainers and youth leaders to engage and empower young people in their lives, work and communities.
Using the tools of Nature, Authentic Communication and Theatre we will learn together how to empower the young people we work with by developing their skills in enhanced communication, conflict resolution techniques, entrepreneurial thinking and active participation.
There is a huge need for young people to be more empowered to realise their dreams, to turn their ideas into actions and to play an active part in the life of their communities and societies. There is an urgent need in Europe to work on this issue, taking under consideration the current situation with growing discrimination and racism.
With our training course we work on the migrant issue and empower young people to take the lead and start fighting against the oppression of these groups by addressing the need of empowering youth through effective non-formal and informal learning methods.
The programme is based on interactive and participative approach. The processes of learning from each other and learning by doing will be crucial. The training course will stimulate creativity, communication and active participation. discussions, group processes and individual work.
During the training methods of non-formal and informal education will be used, such as individual, pair and group work, creative workshops, theatre methods, simulation and situation games, problem solving and debate exercises, presentations and discussions. Part of the programme will take place outdoors in nature.
• To identify effective and creative methods to engage young people to be active in their communities and become a leader of fighting racism and discrimination
• To explore and understand how theatre & outdoor based methods can be used as tools for youth empowerment, intercultural learning and human right education
• To introduce effective communication techniques in order to create positive dialogue and authentic communication
• To develop competences to implement tools, non-formal and informal educational methods of conflict resolution
• To provide space for participants for discussion and sharing best practices and to develop their training skills and competences
• To improve knowledge about Erasmus+ Youth Programme as a tool for improving the quality and enhancing the international dimension of youth work through capacity building activities
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
A participation fee of €50 per participant is expected to be paid as contribution.
Travel costs are determined by standards set strictly by Erasmus+ Programme. The maximum possible travel contribution for each person is as follows:
UK, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Turkey and Italy 275 Euro
Ireland 360 Euro
Hungary as discussed
Full attendance there is a mandatory condition of this training as such the reimbursement will be done after the end of the project upon receiving all original tickets and boarding passes from each individual.
Please do not book any travel tickets until the participation is confirmed by us and you receive further information about the booking and reimbursement process. This will be sent upon the selection of all participants.