Seminar: Re-engaging People with Educational Barriers in Non-Formal and Formal Learning
Dates: 19-22 June 2017
Venue: Leeds, United Kingdom
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 30th April 2017
A four-day cross-sectoral seminar to share and develop best practices, methods and approaches, that re-engage excluded groups towards tackling educational barriers, with a view to ultimately widen participation in formal and non-formal learning.
The seminar will include elements of contact making, study-visit and training, and will consider the subject of people re-engaging with formal and non-formal education and the methodologies which can be used to support their development. Participants will be invited to share ideas and network with a view to learn from each other, build cross-sectoral partnerships, and begin the development of Erasmus+ projects.
This project follows on and incorporates recommendations from the successful 2016 project of the same name that was hosted by the UK National Agency for Erasmus+.
– To stimulate TCA cross-sectoral cooperation between Youth, Vocational Education, Higher Education and Schools;
– To provide learning and development opportunities to beneficiaries and provide space for sharing of good practices, particularly looking at each sector’s unique approach;
– To explore case studies and undertake field visits addressing Educational Barriers to consider transferability
– To explore how such projects can be realised through a European dimension, particularly through Erasmus+
Through active attendance participants will:
– Increase their awareness of how different sectors re-engage people with educational barriers
– Be enriched by good practices from different sectors and countries
– Take back practical tools, methodologies and approaches that can be transferred between different sectors
– Increase their knowledge of Erasmus+ and how it can be applied in engaging and supporting young people with educational barriers
– Know how to better address Erasmus+ programme priorities at application stage
– Be provided with the opportunity to network with cross-sectoral organisations to create new partnerships
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
This project is funded under the 2016 TCA Call Year.
UK National Agency for Erasmus+ (Ecorys UK) – National Agency
National Agency of Turkey
Phone: +44 (0)
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: