EVS: Step up. Build your career II
Dates: 1st April 2018 – 30th September 2018 (6 months)
Venue: Timisoara, Romania
Eligible is 1 participant coming from: Greece
Application deadline: 25th February 2018
ATTENTION: Last call for volunteers!
European Voluntary Service provides to young volunteers a unique opportunity to live in a foreign country and collaborate with a fair cause, a personal and professional growth experience free of charge.
The participant will spend 6 month in Romania and will work as a volunteer to organise cultural or awareness events for the local people.
Furthermore, the volunteer will be allowed to integrate their own ideas and experience. We’ re completely open to new suggested projects from our international volunteers, knowing that their inputs can be really valuable.
Step up. Build your career ΙΙ is a project-initiative whose main aim is to diminish the unemployment rate among young Europeans especially aged between 17 and 30 and to increase their employability level by investing directly in their capacities, following in the same to accelerate their personal development.
Taking into account this context and the fact that the unemployment problem is one at European level, and also in Romania the youngsters are most affected by this issue, the project comes as an initiative to support also the local beneficiaries by acting on needs such as:
- the development and validation of life and transversal competences,
- the need to consolidate linguistic abilities and digital competences,
- the low involvement of youth in volunteering activities or community actions,
- low information regarding opportunities for youth at local level, national and European level,
- the existence of NEET youth (either unemployed or not engaged in any form of studies).
The project “Step up. Build your career” addresses in this way themes and subjects such as youth information, youth employability, lifelong learning, sustainable development, community engagement, international relations and cooperation for development.
The objectives of the project are:
A. Creating a learning context of key-competences (socio-civic, communication and entrepreneurship) for 12 young volunteers in a period of 6 months (each)
B. Implementing alternative socio-educational activities for 180 youth and children from the local environment in the social-communication fields, ecology/environmental protection, sport & health, personal development in 20 months
C. Raising the information grade of 200 local youngsters towards alternative opport. of self and professional development, and voluntary options during the project
D. Promoting active citizenship, non-formal education, tolerance and solidarity among local and European youth during the project
For achieving these objectives, the promoters plan the following activities:
– organization of linguistic and cultural workshops of the native countries of the EVS volunteers
– development of workshops and non-formal educational activities with the following topics: communication, creativity sustainable development and environmental protection, healthy lifestyle
– implementing information sessions regarding self and professional development at European level
For the implementation of these activities there will be used non-formal methods such as: workshops, presentations, role plays, puzzle, group work , Q&A sessions and games, interactive talks and practical exercises, graphic facilitation, audio-video materials, non-formal discussions/facilitation, drawing, self reflection/evaluation, instruments of personal development (tests, plans), brainstorming etc.
Working language: English (basic knowledge)
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation. 100% for travel cost (maximum amount see down).
– Provided health insurance.
- Food and accommodation is FREE
- Everything is FREE OF CHARGE for the volunteer!
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ program, within following limits:
Greece: 275 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
- Monthly allowance: 160 euro for the volunteer (pocket money+food allowance)
YiA 18, in partnership with Zury Association – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English (basic knowledge)
Profile of participants: Motivated young people (17-30), residents of Greece.