Training Course: The Power of Non Formal Education TC in Estonia
Dates: 11-17 February 2019
Venue: Tallinn, Estonia
Eligible are 22 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 11th November 2018
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in empowering young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe) and building bridges between different educational methods, approaches or reflections.
Practical note: Please consider that one more the Power of NFE TC will take place in Estonia 11-17 February 2019. Please consider the reality of your time frame and logistics, so you can make a reasonable choice regarding which TC to apply for.
What for and why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting with different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Youth in Action.
How will it be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring.
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
1. Pre-Training Immersion (6 weeks before the TC): Participants receive weekly newsletters in order to start the training process before the residential training course:
– Introduce some key elements and concepts (formal, non-formal, informal…)
– Make participants reflect about their daily practices.
– Discover through short presentations the team members and participants. Creation of a Facebook group as additional tool.
2. The Training Course (4 days and a half): A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
3. The After-Training Consolidation (8 WEEKS): Trainers will be available for participants for a supportive and consulting approach, mainly in the implementation of their action plan.
The team consists of three complementary trainers, coming from different parts of Europe (Jo Claeys – Portugal, Simona Molari – Italy, Denis Morel – France) with different background, working style, experiences but with common values towards Non Formal Education.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
All costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth NA to learn more about the financial details & please check if it is involved in this project!
If you come from a country other than Erasmus+ Youth Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+ Youth NA for further information about the financial details.
Archimedes Foundation Youth Agency – National Agency
Phone: +372 69 79 217
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Infopack Power of NFE.pdf
Contact for questions: