Training Course Every Pixel Tells a Story: Exploring Digital Methods for Youth Work
Dates: 16-24 November 2018
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Austria, Belarus, Denmark, Moldova
Application deadline: 17th October 2018
The proposed TC aims at bringing European youth workers together and teach them what digital storytelling is and how they can use it as a tool for working with young people with diverse cultural background.
During the project the participants will go through an intensive set of workshops giving them a chance to learn how to create their own digitalized stories. We believe that learning by doing will provide a deeper understanding of the method and therefore serve as an inspiration for creating similar projects in participants own communities.
Developing projects that are based on new methods and approaches seems to be especially important for those youth workers who are dealing with difficult social issues, as they very often lack proper and effective tools to address their beneficiaries.
– To provide participants with knowledge about the digital storytelling method and its possible benefits for youth work
– To equip them with skills necessary to design digital storytelling projects in their own communities
– To enhance participants ICT skills and encourage them to use open source technologies in their daily youth work
– To establish a network of like-minded organizations and individuals, who are interested in the further exchange on the topic of using digital methods for working with youth
– To develop follow-up projects using the skills and knowledge gained during this Training Course
– Youth workers and youth leaders interested in exploring new ways of working with people with diverse cultural and/or migration background
– Motivated to learn more about the concept of digital storytelling (prior knowledge of photo/video making and editing is not required)
– Ready to use digital storytelling as a method of working with youth in their own communities
– Interested in setting further co-operation with similar organizations from other European countries
– Being able to communicate in English fluently
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
The hosting association of this offer, will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Moldova -up to 360 euro per travel
Denmark, Belarus, Austria – up to 275 euro per travel
There will be no participation fee