Thessaloniki is Greece’s second major economic and commercial city, considered to be Greece’s cultural capital. It is a beautiful and busy city with a waterfront board walk full of vendors and close to restaurants and shops. Thessaloniki is a great city to spend the day in. It is fun to walk around and visit the trendy shops and cool down with a cone of gelato (ice- cream).
There are several museums to visit in the city, the day we went most of them were closed, so we didn’t get to visit any. There is also a great walk you can do around the ancient city walls to get a great view of the big city. This is fun if you have some extra time and as long as its not too hot out!
Thessaloniki gives off a more cosmopolitan vibe than Athens does and is less touristy, which comes as a relief! I definitely recommend taking a trip there while in Greece.
- Thessaloniki: a 2,300-year-old young lady (youthinadvancement.org)
- European Youth Capital 2014 (youthinadvancement.org)
- Thessaloniki, Greece (julialamar4.wordpress.com)
- 12 year- old from Thessaloniki Cooperates with Google (youthinadvancement.org)
- 11.15.13 through 11.18.13-Thessaloniki (shainacash.wordpress.com)
- Trip to Thessaloniki, Greece (laurainkosovo.wordpress.com)
- MTSR 2013 in Thessaloniki (ieuah.wordpress.com)