Dates: 11-19 March 2014
Venue: Novi Sad, Serbia
Application deadline: 21st January 2014
“EU and European citizenship and youth work” is 7-days long training course developed for youth workers and trainers willing to plan, prepare and lead local workshops for youth about the European Union (that are also the main themes).
• Share experience regarding public awareness and influence of the EU and its values and policies) on our communities
• Discuss history and purpose of the EU
• Get overview of basics of EU politics and its legal system: EU law and treaties, subsidiarity and OMC, constitutional nature, Fundamental rights and values, Eurozone
• Explore and raise awareness of the EU institutions
• Discuss how being a member of the EU or being a (potential) candidate influences our countries
• Discuss qualities of our youth work on local level and on European level, especially in relation to the EU
• Understand how and what makes quality education for EU citizenship in youth work
• Introduce EU programmes “Europe for Citizens” and “Erasmus PLUS” and encourage development of new projects/European level cooperation
The training course is based on the approach and principles of non-formal education and will use a lot of insights from the SALTO booklets, EU policy documents and T-kits of the Partnership programme of EU and CoE.
The language of the training course will be English.
Centre for Non-formal Education and Lifelong Learning (CNELL)
Contact for questions:
Centre for Non-formal Education and Lifelong Learning
Youth In Advancement 18+
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options.
- New Training Course. SAILing the Quality of Youth Work. (yia18.org)
- Training Course. De-Constructing “Normality”. (yia18.org)
- NISA 2014 Winter Session, Azerbaijan (edu-active.com)
- EP to debate Malta’s ‘EU citizenship for sale’ programme (timesofmalta.com)