Training Course: International Youth Reporter Training
Dates: 1-5 September 2018
Venue: Vienna, Austria
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 4th July 2018
Training for young journalists and youth reporters to gain relevant journalism skills and meet peers from other countries.
Are you passionate about telling stories and bringing in your point of view? Do you feel Internet plays an important role in society? Are you confident with basic IT & social media skills, with a passion to know more? This course could really be for you!
International Youth Reporter is a training course for youth workers, social workers and people involved and with an interest in education, to explore Backpack Journalism competences and life in rural areas, in connection with nature.
We will: work on media sources, create content on different platforms (blog, video, photo…) and free softwares, discuss media & their impact on our society and life, exchange skills and knowledge in a non-hierarchical group of learners, share everyday tasks and practical sustainable actions, explore community life – while practising the competences related to all this!
The aims of this activity:
1) Networking: young journalists and project coordinators from different countries
2) Skills training: focus on use of Social Media for journalism, Mobile (Video) Reporting
3) Knowledge transfer about young journalists projects
The main objectives of the course are:
– to introduce the methodology of Backpack Journalism (BPJ) and see examples of previous projects and good practice;
– to explore and identify how BPJ can be used as a tool for youth work, education, employability;
– to promote active citizenship, participation of young people and responsibility to make change in the society and community;
– to discuss and re-think concepts such as work, employment, business, economy, ecology and sustainability;
– to create an experience of community through sharing living and working spaces and
participating in daily tasks, to contribute directly to environmental, community and social well-being;
Furthermore to gaining practical skills, the participants will be invited to the European Union Youth Conference in Vienna and practice their acquired skills.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
If you come from a country other than Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme Countries, please contact the host Erasmus+ Youth in Action NA for further information about the financial details.
This activity will be covered by TCA 2018.
Interkulturelles Zentrum – National Agency
Bundesweites Netzwerk der österreichischen Jugendinfos – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Draft Timetable International Youth Reporters.pdf
Contact for questions: