Training Course: Human Rights from A to Z
Dates: 1-7 November 2018
Venue: Doni Lozen, Sofia, Bulgaria
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 20th September 2018
The training course “Human Rights from A to Z” goes into the topic of human rights in the context of the phenomenon of forced migration.
The training will be streaming in two directions – the theoretical introduction of the topic (human rights in the context of forced migration) and building of practical skills in order for the participants to consolidate the knowledge gained and applying it in their daily work with youth.
It will take place in Bulgaria in the period 1st till 7th November 2018 and will gather 34 representatives of organizations from 12 countries – Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and United Kingdom.
The training program will be designed following several main topics:
– Human rights: Raising awareness about key concepts and terms connected with human rights topic. Understanding human rights’ historical development and evaluating the current situation. Expanding the knowledge about the existing protection mechanisms of human rights.
– Forced Migration and Refugees: Expanding the knowledge of the participants on the topic of forced migration in Europe and the world.
– The role of the non-governmental organisations: Understanding the importance of nongovernmental organizations and the civil society and their role for protection and respect of human rights, namely of refugees and migrants.
– Practical work: Support and guidance in organizing of workshops on the topic of human rights and forced migration. Gaining knowledge about educational tools for effective training of young people on the mentioned topics and prevention of radicalisation.
The participants we are looking for are:
– youth workers, leaders and activists, with interest in and experienced on the topic of Human Rights and Forced Migration
– Age 18+
– Willing to learn and share
– Willing to practise and multiply learning after the training course
– Able to understand and express themselves in English
– Are committed to attend for the full duration of the project
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Reimburse of the travel tickets will be done according to the rules of the Erasmus+ programme based on distance calculation and at receipt of original documents.
Austria – up to 275 Euro
Belgium – up to 275 Euro
Germany – up to 275 Euro
Greece – up to 275 Euro
Hungary – up to 275 Euro
Italy – up to 275 Euro
Poland – up to 275 Euro
Portugal – up to 360 Euro
Slovenia – up to 275 Euro
Spain – up to 275 Euro
United Kingdom – up to 360 Euro
Bulgaria – 0 Euro
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks from 1st November evening till 7th November lunch will be provided by the organizers.
There is no participation fee.
CVS-Bulgaria – NGO
Phone: + 359 884 766 435
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads; InfoPack Human Rights from A to Z.pdf
Contact for questions: