Training Course: Training for mentors
Dates: 3-7 December 2018
Venue: Tallinn, Estonia
Eligible are 15 participants coming from: Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme countries
Application deadline: 30th September 2018
Training course “Training for mentors” targets youth leaders and youth workers, who have experience in Erasmus+ programme and would like to share their knowledge and experience by assisting other potential applicants in developing their project ideas.
Training course “Training for mentors” aims to create a network of well-trained mentors, who could be trustworthy partners for National Agencies and support quality implementation of the programme.
The main task of mentors will be to assist young people and youth workers in project writing process by giving feedback and guiding through the process of developing a project idea. This is a multi-staged project that consists of the international training course and local follow-up activities.
The training course will take place in Tallinn from 4th to 6th of December (3th of December- arrival day, 7th of December. departure day).
During the international training course, the following topics will be tackled:
- Erasmus+ programme details,
- project writing, and
- project consulting
After that several follow-up activities shall be implemented on the local level, which contains consulting of young people and helping them to develop a project idea and filling the application form. Follow-up phase will be mostly in january, before the Erasmus+ February deadline 2019.
Specific objectives of the TC are:
– to explore the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme with a special focus on understanding the differences between key actions;
– to build a common understanding of quality aspects of the Erasmus+ projects;
– to train and empower a national team of mentors, who will continue working with their National Agency;
– to develop participant’s competences in counselling, giving feedback, and guiding the process of project idea development.
– have experience in learning mobility under the Erasmus+Youth In Action programme;
– are motivated to become mentors for young people and youth workers;
– are ready to commit for the follow-up activities (i.e. cooperation with National Agencies in mentoring potential applicants);
– are willing to learn about counselling and guiding the groups in process of developing the project idea;
– are minimum 18 years old;
– are able to use English as a working language in order to establish effective communication during group-work and sessions.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
If you are selected for this course, all costs (accommodation in twin rooms, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the National Agencies involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from country to country.
Please contact your Erasmus+ Youth National Agency to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Estonian National Agency
Hugarian National Agency
Dutch National Agency
Greek National Agency
Phone: +372 6268990
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: