Training Course: Inclusion of Refugees in Non-Formal Education Context in Youth Work
Dates: 7-15 November 2018
Venue: Eskisehir, Turkey
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 7th October 2018
We would like to carry out project to address the problem of inclusion of refugees in non-formal education context in youth work while create synergies among the participating organizations to future cooperation for the inclusive education methods.
The refugee population is, mainly, made by young people aged between 13-30; in Turkey the percentage is more then 75%. Most of those young people have to be educated to prevent marginalization; in parallel to this issue there are no opportunities for those young refugees to participate to education processes in the Youth Works.
In additional, youth workers/leaders are not competent enough to provide educational opportunities in EU and neighboring countries, especially in places like Turkey and Greece.
The methods used during the TC:
The methodology of the training will be based on the non-formal education methods such as:
- case studies and group work;
there will be a space for participants’ to try out their own methods.
The participants will become aware about the refugee situation in their countries and in EU general therefore they will be able to take initiative towards those issues in their local communities.
Participating in the project, it will motivate them, in their work, as they are working in their local communities as youth workers therefore they will be acting as change makers.
In the long run, potential benefits of the project:
– Racism and xenophobia towards refugees and young people with migration background will be decreased.
– Educational services (in youth work) for refugees and young people with migration background will be increased.
Objectives of the training course:
Thus, the project proposal aims to strengthen the competences of youth workers and youth leaders in finding proper approaches for fostering the inclusion of refugees it also marginalized young people with migration background.
More specifically the projects’ objectives are:
– To strengthen the understanding of inclusion and its challenges for young refugees and young people with migration background.
– To create strategies on youth work context, to improve the quality of youth services developed for refugees and young people with migration background.
– To explore the role of youth work in inclusion strategies on educational services.
– To create and implement local activities on inclusion of young refugees and young people with migration background.
– To strengthen ties between people and organizations engaged in the field of youth work.
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
This Training is financed by Erasmus+ Program
The accommodation and food will be covered by Tepebaşı Social Asistance and Solidarity Foundation in the context of programme rules of Erasmus+
The travel reimbursements will be covered by the maximum limit based on distance calculator of Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
- SWEDEN, NORWAY, SPAIN:530EUR
- UK, GERMANY, FRANCE :360EUR
- ROMANIA, ITALY, GREECE, LITHUANIA, FYROM :275EUR
NICOLA UK – NGO
Tepebaşı Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation -NGO
Phone: 0044 (0) 207 386 8865
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: