Youth Work at Municipal Level Creating Sustainable Youth Policies at Local Level
Date: 3 December 2018
Venue: Cascais, Portugal
Eligible are 50 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, FYROM, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Turkey
Application deadline: 12th October 2018
Cascais EYC2018 in cooperation with DYPALL Network is organizing the II DYPALL International Conference “Youth Work at Municipality Level” in Cascais, focusing on the theme of “Creating Sustainable Youth Policies at Local Level”-with a focus on inclusion.
The II International Conference focusing on the theme of “Creating Sustainable Youth Policies at Local Level” – youth policies and youth work at Municipality Level, with a specific focus on inclusion (NEETs, migrants, youth at risk and marginalized youth) comes in the follow up of several European guidelines that have been recently established highlighting the importance to mainstream youth at local and regional level that have identified the need to tackle these issues at grassroots.
However, to be able to find effective paths for this direction to be taken, and to keep improving impact and outreach of our activities, stakeholders need to meet, discuss, reflect, exchange practices and develop their competence to work together on such themes.
The Conference is the flagship event for youth workers, youth leaders, young people and public officers from local and regional authorities that work with youth in their local realities. They will come together for 4 days to share debate and discuss about key policy fields to find ways to improve youth work at municipality level and increase youth participation on policy making at local and regional level.
– To develop the capacity of Local Authorities (LA) and Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and their youth workers to work together on the field of youth public policy to provide answers to the challenges of participation, inclusion, unemployment
– To identify and promote good practices and mechanisms for youth participation in decision-making and debate about their potential and challenges on public governance
– To share practices of inclusion and engagement of young people at local level
– To develop more inclusive approaches to foster participation of young people with fewer opportunities into spaces such as local youth councils and youth fora
– To allow youth CSO and LA to share their best practices in terms of cooperation between local authorities and civil society, with a specific focus on how to target NEET youth, young migrants and other marginalized youth
The conference will held the II Assembly of Members and Partners of DYPALL Network. This meeting will allow for all the members and partners of DYPALL Network to gather and work on the future network priorities, discuss on how to mainstream our network values, objectives and work, deepening the connection among stakeholders working in the field of youth work and youth participation in different dimensions, levels and spheres.
The Conference will be a space for learning, development of competences, dialogue and sharing of experiences among 50 international participants with the following profile:
– Municipality representatives working in either youth, social, education and/or employment policies
– Local professional youth work manager or senior professional working with and for young people, especially youth from vulnerable/marginalized backgrounds and fewer opportunities (unemployed, NEETs, migrants, etc.
Whenever possible, these participants should preferentially have already worked together within their own local setting and be able to work together after the training in order to implement the lessons learnt and boost concrete and sustainable follow-up activities
This project is financed by the Erasmus Youth.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) will be provided for the organizers in the Cascais city centre. Accommodation will be provided in double rooms.
– Arrival day is 2nd December 2018 and departure day is 7th December 2018. The arrival and departure airport is Lisbon
– Flight tickets shall be bought only after agreement and confirmation with the organizers. Travel expenses to and from the venue will be reimbursed up to a maximum pre-agreed with the organizers, according to the Erasmus + rules (please see below the amounts that will be reimbursed per participant per country)
– Reimbursement of travels will be done via bank transfer after the Conference
Portugal – 0€
Italy, Germany – 275€
Latvia, Poland, FYROM, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Hungary, Finland, Croatia, Bulgaria – 360€
Turkey, Lithuania – 530€
Cascais EYC2018 in Cooperation with DYPALL Network – Youth NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: