Training Course: Powering Entrepreneurship Education For Disadvantaged Youth
Dates: 1-11 November 2018
Venue: Antalya, Turkey
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Bulgaria, FYROM, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Turkey
Application deadline: 14th October 2018
To equip the youth workers working directly with young unemployed people and disadvantaged youth from refugee/asylum seeking and migrant background with essential entrepreneurial and business tools, methods and skills to tackle the problem of unemployment
The international training course “Powering Entrepreneurship Education For Disadvantaged Youth” aims to train and equip youth workers and youth leaders working directly with young unemployed people and disadvantaged youth from refugees/asylum seekers and migrants with essential entrepreneurial and business tools, methods and skills to enable them to contribute to tackling of the problem of unemployment among youth through quality youth work that promotes self-employment and entrepreneurial culture.
The training course will be based on non formal learning methods and principles, intercultural dialogue and communication including group discussions, interactive presentations, participant’s lead workshops, team work,etc.
The methodology of the project will stimulate active participation, sense of initiative and involvement of the learners. It aims to create a learning space with better self-awareness and awareness of the needs and goals of the groups of young people they work with to enhance the results of the learning process and give birth to high quality projects led by the participants in the future.
The project aims to reveal the value of the Erasmus+ Programme as a tool for youth empowerment and raise awareness about Youthpass tool for supporting young people harness skills and personal growth through self-reflection and learning documentation.
Objectives of the training course:
– Introduce youth entrepreneurship as a tool of fighting youth unemployment;
– Support youth workers in developing and sharing effective methods in reaching out to marginalized young people, refugees, asylum seekers and migrants, and in preventing racism and intolerance among youth;
– Learn to use youth work to empower youngsters to start their creative search for entrepreneurial opportunities;
– Learn to use non-formal education to support current and future job-seekers to be pro-active and able to apply entrepreneurial approach into career development;
– Explore ways for using youth work to bring alienated and marginalized youth back into the economic mainstream and giving them a sense of meaning and belonging; Helping address some of the socio-psychological problems and delinquency that arises from joblessness;
– Learn to use Youthpass and the Key Competences to support young people through creative process of skill harnessing, self-reflection and documentation of the personal learning process;
– Develop quality youth mobility projects to be applied under Erasmus+ Programme;
– Develop and publish online the “Handbook: Entrepreneurship Education for Marginalized Young People, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Migrants”
This project is financed by the Erasmus Youth.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) will be provided. Accommodation will be provided in double rooms.
Accommodation and food
All costs are covered by the project
There are different limits for travel costs for each country:
– Germany: 360 Euro
– Turkey: 0 Euro
– FYROM: 275 Euro
– Hungary: 275 Euro
– Bulgaria: 275 Euro
– Italy: 275 Euro