Training Course: Virtual Action for Human Rights Education
Dates: 5-11 February 2019
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
Eligible are 36 participants coming from: Albania, FYROM, Italy, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Spain, Ukraine
Application deadline: 7th November 2018
Erasmus+ Training Course – Youth Workers Mobility: This training course is for beginners in Human Rights Education and Youth Work. We aim to train youth workers on how to organise HRE activities.
The training course project stands for equality, dignity, human rights and diversity. It is a project against hate speech, racism and discrimination in their online expression. The whole project is a tribute to youth participation and co-management.
Main Objectives of the TC:
• To raise awareness about hate speech online and its risks for democracy and for individual young people, and promoting media and Internet literacy;
• To support young people in standing up for human rights, online and offline;
• To reduce the levels of acceptance of online hate speech;
• To mobilise, train and network online youth activists for human rights;
• To map hate speech online and develop tools for constructive responses;
• To support and show solidarity to people and groups targeted by hate speech online;
• To advocate for the development and consensus on European policy instruments combating hate speech;
• To develop youth participation and citizenship online.
The working methods are awareness raising, advocacy, and it also seeks for creative solutions. It is a project for action and intervention. The project equips young people and youth organisations with the competences necessary to recognize and act against such human rights violations.
The overall methodology for this activity will be entirely based on the principles of non formal education such as exercises, games, group dynamics, work in plenary and in sub-groups peer support, and self- directed learning, among others. Linguistic cooperation and solidarity will also be put forward throughout the days.
In the end of this project we are expecting these results;
The level of awareness of participants’ hate speech and human rights education will increase. Discrimination and hate speech among young people will be prevented. Cooperation among young people will be encouraged.
Participating organizations will have knowledge of human rights for use in youth work. The value of daily social media usage will be highlighted. The mobility of the participants will be ensured. Values of european will make sense for young people.
In the long run the European Union citizenship and peace environment will be encouraged. It will draw attention to the destructive consequences of hate speech in youth work. It will be ensured that basic human rights are spread among young people.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food are fully organized and provided by the organizers during the entire duration of the Training Course.
% 90 of travel cost will be reimbursed in cash on spot. Travel limits will be calculated according to the Distance Calculator tool of Erasmus+.
- Moldova: 275 € / Lithuania: 275 € / Albania: 275 € / Italy: 275 € / Romania: 275 € /
- Spain: 360 €
- Ukraine: 180 €
There is a noparticipation fee.