Study Visit: Media & Information Literacy Study Visit to Berlin
Dates: 12-14 December 2018
Eligible are 15-18 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 11th November 2018
This study visit will provide practitioners in the youth field an opportunity to learn from organisations who work with Media & Information Literacy; gather and share best practices; create a basis for future cooperation and new projects to take place.
SALTO-YOUTH Participation & Information Resource Centre (SALTO PI) in cooperation with European Youth Press are organising a study visit to Berlin, Germany on Media & Information Literacy. The study visit will take place from 12th to 14th of December 2018.
Goals of the study visit:
1) Learning about and from Berlin-based organisations and people who work with the topic of Media & Information Literacy;
2) offer new knowledge and inspiration;
3) gather and share best practices in the field;
4) create a fruitful basis for future cooperation between experts, participants and various organisations;
5) encourage participants to take the new knowledge and ideas to their home countries and put them in practice (projects, training events, new initiatives, etc)
Target group (who are we expecting to apply?):
- Representatives of organisations working actively in the youth field and with the topics of Media & Information Literacy, Communication;
- media educators, researchers, youth activists and others active concerning the topic of the study trip;
- staff of National Agencies of Erasmus+ Youth programme/European Solidarity Corps;
What will we learn and discover during the study visit?
We will meet organisations and experts who are active and experienced in coordinating activities in the field of Media Literacy & Information. During this study visit, we mix presentations, visiting organisations, discussions, working groups and presentations in a way that it will give participants an opportunity not only to listen and learn, but also to contribute and initiate topics of discussions.
Some of the organisations we meet and visit are:
- European Youth Press (EYP) is a network of youth media organisations in Europe. It works to build a society where empowered young media makers are actively participating and contributing to the public sphere by creating fair, independent and responsible media, fostering the development of democracy, international development and a sustainable future.
- Deutsche Welle and Deutsche Welle Academy
- Love-Storm: Gemeinsam gegen Hass im Netz (together against hate in the Internet) is a German project that offers online resources for everyone who wants to speak up against hate speech online.
- Media Residents and the Gesicht Zeigen! project – Media Residents’ project Love-speech () is an approach developed by 7x Jung, the educational branch of the NGO Gesicht Zeigen! Based on the experience that ongoing hate and hatred are quite tough to stand, the idea is to show the power of positive energy in society which is in each one of us.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
SALTO PI will cover and arrange hotel accommodation, meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and two dinners), local transportation in Berlin and the study visit programme.
Costs of plane or train tickets (whichever is the most economical means of transport) will be reimbursed by SALTO PI after the event and participants should be able to book and buy their own travel tickets to Berlin after having received confirmation from SALTO PI.
There is no participation fee for participants.