Training Course ACT: Active Citizens of Today!
Dates: 20-28 March 2019
Venue: Lednice, Czech Republic
ligible are 30 participants coming from: Albania, Estonia, FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia, Spain
Application deadline: 15th December 2018
ACT is a training course that aims to support the professional development of young leaders/trainers and to raise the quality of their projects concerning active citizenship.
During the training course, we will approach the idea of citizenship on three different levels: locally, nationally and in the European context. The training course uses methods of experiential learning as role plays, simulations and drama methods and group sharing methods as small and large group discussions.
Together, we will be working out and improving ‘method toolkit’ on how to motivate youngsters for participation in their community and beyond. All over mission of the training course is to find the ways how to make the issue of citizenship attractive to the youth.
ACT is a training course that aims to support the professional development of young trainers and to raise the quality of their projects concerning (European) citizenship.
- pointing out the connection between citizenship, responsibility for one’s immediate environment and society and active participation;
- experiencing, discussing and sharing historical and recent understandings of citizenship and its implications for participation;
- approaching different levels of citizenship (local – national – international/European) in practice by simulations, cases and methods development;
- sharing different visions and understandings of citizenship;
- reflecting on the notion of European identity and its underlying values (democracy, tolerance, plurality, human rights);
- raising the quality of projects dealing with youth participation and citizenship.
TC’s target group:
This training course will host 30 youth trainers/workers who are actively working with young people as a professional or on the voluntary basis, aged 18+ from 13 European countries.
For the information about your sending organisation please see the project’s infopack.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Programme.
The accommodation as well as food will be organised by the training’s organisers and fully covered by the Erasmus+ programme.
The max. travel reimbursement limits per 1 participant are following:
Hungary – €180
Albania, Estonia, FYROM, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia – €275
Spain – €360
There will be NO participation fee.
Evropské centrum mládeže Břeclav/European Youth Centre Břeclav z. s. – Youth NGO
MTÜ Noored Ühiskonna Heaks – Youth NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack for ACT.pdf
Contact for questions: