Seminar Non-formal Learning in Higher Education: Developing Intercultural Competence “Among Others”
Dates: 23-27 April 2019
Venue: Riga, Latvia
Eligible are 40 participants coming from: Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Poland, Turkey
Application deadline: 4th March 2019
The participants of TCA project “Non-formal Learning in Higher Education: Developing Intercultural Competence “Among Others”” are kindly invited to take part in the 5th transnational seminar from 23 – 27 April, 2019 in Riga, Latvia!
Welcome to Latvia! The 5th Among Others Transnational Seminar. This is a time to celebrate and this is also a time of deeper discussions! We prepared the seminar programme to let us all reflect on all aspects of the project from the big picture and strategic impact of the project to details of delivery at national and local level.
The aims of the seminar are:
– to share the context, ideas, resources and outcomes of national project activities.
– to identify ways of improving the recognition of Intercultural Competence (ICC) and non-formal learning within Higher Education.
– to develop the project’s sustainability notably through the establishment of a network/community of practice.
– to review the concept of ICC within the European Training Strategy (ETS).
– to evaluate the 2018-2019 phase of the project.
Target groups of the seminar:
– trainers involved in the national project activities (of the “Among Others” project);
– staff and students of higher education institutions and other providers of youth work education and training;
– trainers and facilitators involved in developing Intercultural Competence in non-formal education
– NA representatives/coordinators.
Participants should be available to actively attend the full duration of the seminar, motivated to prepare themselves before the seminar, aged 18+ and able to communicate and work in English.
This seminar is open to residents of the Erasmus+ Programme Countries participating in the project: Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Turkey, Latvia.
The project has been financed by the Erasmus+ programme.
Accommodation and catering costs will be covered by NA Latvia.
Travel costs have to be covered by the respective NAs.
Please contact the National Agency in your country for information about the participation fee and reimbursement of travel costs.
Agency for International Programs for Youth of Republic of Latvia
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Timeschedule International Competence.pdf
Contact for questions: