Training Course MENTOR plus: Improving mentorship in European Volunteering Projects
Dates: 7-12 July 2019
Venue: Vienna, Austria
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 10th May 2019
The main aim of the training is to increase the quality of mentoring in European Volunteering Projects and to support active mentors working with their volunteer(s).
- You are active as a mentor within Erasmus+ and/or the European Solidarity Corps?
- You are about to become a mentor in the European Solidarity Corps?
- You have been a mentor in Erasmus+ (EVS) for some time and feel the need to reflect on your role, your responsibilities and challenges?
- You are ready to share your experiences, get to know other people and new practices and methods? Go and apply now!
Aims and objectives:
The overall aim of this activity is to increase the quality of mentoring in European Volunteering Projects and to support active mentors working with their volunteer(s). This should be fostered through:
– increasing the knowledge about mentoring in European Volunteering Projects, basic knowledge in European Volunteering Projects with the European Solidarity Corps in general and about the overall framework of the European Solidarity Corps
– developing a common understanding of mentoring
– reflecting about roles, responsibilities, challenges and needs concerning mentorship in European Volunteering Projects
– sharing best practice and tools for supporting volunteers
This training activity invites active mentors (newcomers that are already involved in an ongoing project as well as experienced mentors) that feel the need of developing their competences further and improving the quality of their mentorship.
This training activity offers the opportunity to further develop competencies that are needed as a mentor within European Volunteering Projects. There will be time to reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges of actors involved in mentoring, to share experiences and to get to know about other people´s practices.
The educational approach of the training activity is based on non formal education methods and experiential learning as well as the contribution of participants and on active participation in all parts of the programme.
Working language will be English – participants need to be willing and able to actively participate and communicate in English throughout the whole activity.
This project is financed by the European Solidarity Corps Programme.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Info for sending NAs: This Activity is financed by NET 2019
IZ – National Agency
Spanish National Agency
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: