Training Course Moving Beyond: Innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth
Dates: 6 – 14 June 2019
Venue: Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus
Eligible are 22 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania
Application deadline: 15th April 2019
Long-term training program for youth workers including online learning, residential training courses and follow-up activities. The main learning areas in the training are Developmental and Positive psychology, and Nature based learning.
The training program is part of a two-year Erasmus+ project (Strategic Partnership) called “Moving Beyond” – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth.
Under this project 66 youth workers from the three countries (24 from Romania, 24 from Bulgaria and 18 from Cyprus) will participate in an online learning process, 3 residential training courses and a follow-up/application phase (There will be three similar training programs. Each participant will participate in only one residential training).
About “Moving Beyond”
This project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union through the Romanian National Agency (ANPCDEFP) under KA2, Strategic Partnership.
The project aim is defined as: “To foster quality and multidimensional improvements in youth work, in order to reach and empower marginalized young people, thus supporting their transition from youth to adulthood, their integration into the labor market and the chances for social inclusion and education.”
The three main concepts used in this project are:
- Developmental psychology;
- Positive psychology;
- Nature based learning.
These three concepts are in the basics of the innovative tools for personal development targeting disadvantaged youth that will be developed and disseminated by the project. The participants in the project will develop knowledge and skills in these three areas and will participate in direct implementation of tools to young people.
The learning process is built on a flow which combines elements of practice/experience, reflection, theory and application. Thus, we are aiming at:
- To develop understanding about the potential of using Developmental psychology, Positive psychology and Nature based learning in the context of social inclusion of disadvantaged youth;
- To increase the knowledge of youth workers regarding young people’s developmental needs;
- To develop skills to use innovative practices and methods in direct work with disadvantaged youth;
- To demonstrate and experience tools based on Developmental psychology, Positive psychology and Nature based learning;
- To practice methods for inclusion developed during the training with local youth;
To develop follow-up activities targeting disadvantaged young people.
Dates of The Residential Trainings
Each participant selected will participate in ONE of the residential training. The learning programme activities of all the trainings will be the same:
TC in Bulgaria – 6 – 14 June 2019
TC in Romania – 24 August – 1 September 2019
TC in Cyprus – 29 October – 6 November 2019
Participants’ Selection Criteria
The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevant Professional Experience: persons who have at least 1 year of experience in youth work (or relevant field – social work, pedagogy, coaching, counseling etc.).
- Motivation: persons who feel a strong calling to participate in this course and have strong and relevant motivation for joining the process. The motivation should be a blend of personal and professional factors. Since the trainings have a dimension of Nature based learning, we are looking for persons who feel comfortable being in nature and who can immerse in natural learning environments.
- Capacity to use the Experience: each participant must be part of an organization/institution which is connected with the project topics or is willing to incorporate them in the future activities and projects.
The participants must be over 18 years and have a good level of English.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Travel reimbursment will be done following the Erasmus+ regulations to the maximum of:
Training in Bulgaria:
- Participants from Romania, Cyprus – 275 Euro
- Participants from Bulgaria – 20 euro
There is NO participation fee for the training.
Dreams for Life Association – Youth NGO
- Learning for Change Foundation – Youth NGO
- allaZOYME – Youth NGO
Phone: +359 896756267
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Moving Beyond.pdf
Contact for questions: