Training Course: Training for trainers and mentors
Dates: 22-29 June 2019
Venue: Werbellinsee (near Berlin), Germany
Eligible are 39 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Slovenia, Spain
Application deadline: 30th May 2019
A training aimed at developing the skills of 39 participants from 13 countries to organise local trainings and mentor local advocacy actions promoting the “New Narrative for Europe” and addressed to European decision-makers.
The Training for trainers and mentors will involve 39 participants (youth activists, youth workers and youth leaders) from 13 countries who will develop their skills to organise local trainings and mentor local advocacy actions promoting the “New Narrative for Europe” and addressed mainly to newly-elected European decision-makers.
The event will launch the follow-up phase of the campaign “I Choose Europe” aimed at raising the awareness of the European Elections among youth.
The training will be organised in parallel to Young Europeans’ Seminar 2019, an annual event gathering nearly 600 young people and giving them the chance to learn about topics of interest in Europe and beyond as well as talk about their exchange experience with volunteers and students. The two events will be interconnected, allowing the participants to learn from one another.
- Age above 18
- Youth work practitioners (youth workers, youth leaders, trainers, facilitators, activists, NGO staff members and volunteers)
- Interested in developing their skills in the area of youth engagement, training and advocacy
- Able to work and communicate in English
About the Project
Coordinated by a broad coalition of civil society organisations, the project “European Youth Together: Road to the Future” (EYT-RTF) aims to encourage young people to participate in debates about Europe and vote in the European Elections 2019.
As part of the initiative, the campaign “I Choose Europe‘ was launched by a large-scale youth event for nearly 2000 people in Paris on 16 March. This was followed by local activities in 13 European countries, many of them connected by a promotional bus tour.
An online campaign using social media and an interactive website allows to collect young people’s ideas about the European Elections and provide them with tools to raise awareness about the importance of the vote. After the elections, young activists will be trained to promote local engagement for the future of Europe in cooperation with local and regional decision-makers.
- Young European Federalists (JEF Europe), including national sections from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, North Macedonia, Malta, Slovenia and Spain
- European Educational Exchanges – Youth For Understanding (EEE-YFU)
- Assembly of European Regions (AER)
- Balkans Beyond Borders
- Center for Intercultural Dialogue (CID)
- DYPALL Network
- Union of European Federalists (UEF)
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
The travel costs of participants from the eligible countries will be reimbursed after the event up to the following amount:
- Germany €50
- Austria, Belgium, Malta, Poland, €150
- Greece, Italy, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Slovenia, North Macedonia, Spain €200