Training Course Come in: Time for Freedom, Time to be Free
Dates: 26 August – 1 September 2019
Venue: Errentería, Spain
Eligible are 14 participants coming from: France, Germany, Moldova, Russian Federation, Spain, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 15th July 2019
This project addresses the problem of inclusion of refugees in non-formal education context in youth work.
Given the dramatic images on the screens of international television stations every day, there is no shortage of warnings that speak of a new “Migration Period” in global history and Europe is facing the hugest migration after the World War II. Though, it shows us the EU States are not prepared to such influxes to give urgent solution towards this issue.
Most of those young people have to be educated to prevent their marginalization in the future and get included in the society. Towards those issues, with parallels to school education, there should be opportunities for young refugees to participate into education processes in youth sector.
Although, the youth workers are not competent enough to provide educational opportunities in EU and neighbouring countries such Russia and Moldova. With the project, we would like to address the problem of inclusion of refugees in non-formal education context in youth work and create synergies among the participating organizations to future cooperation for the inclusive education methods.
Thus, the project proposal aims to strengthen the competences of youth workers and youth leaders in finding proper approaches for fostering the inclusion of refugees and also marginalized young people with migration background. More specifically the project’s five main objectives are:
- To strengthen the understanding of inclusion and its challenges for young refugees and young people with migration background
- To create strategies on youth work context to improve the quality of youth services which are developed for refugees and young people with migration background
- To explore the role of youth work in inclusion strategies on educational services
- To create and implement local activities on inclusion of young refugees and young people with migration background
- To strengthen ties between people and organizations engaged in the field of youth work.
1, Has been involved in non-formal education context in local level as youth trainer or youth leader.
2. Motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a intercultural setting.
3. Has interest to work on inclusion topic of young people with fewer opportunities and young refugees.
4. Sensitive on the migration topic and willing to create follow-up actions.
5. Has a sufficient level of English (B1-C1).
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Flight tickets will be reimbursed according to the Erasmus distance calculator:
- EUR 180 for participants from France.
- EUR 275 for participants from Germany, UK
- EUR 360 for participants from Moldova.
- EUR 900 for participants from Russian Federation.
- EUR 20 for participants from Spain.
Non – Applicable