Training Course: Yes, and…: Improvisation for Youth Workers
Dates: 9-18 September 2019
Venue: Veselice, Czech Republic
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Czech Republic, France, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Spain
Application deadline: 29th June 2019
A 8-day training course which aims to introduce and explore principles of “improvisation” and experiment with practical and fun tools and techniques that can be readily used in daily life, creative work and in the other situations and places too.
We invite you to be, move, play, observe, listen, share, challenge ourselves, learn from within and from each other, get to know new people & ways & attitudes, and create this experience together.
Let’s explore and experiment together with activities and methods which help us to tune in into the unfolding moment and cultivate our ability to improvise.
Yes, and…: Improvisation for Youth Workers is an 8-day training course which aims to introduce and explore principles of “improvisation” and experiment with practical and fun tools and techniques that can be readily used in daily life, creative work and in the other situations and places too. Training own awareness, acceptance and sense of initiative can improve the quality of our days and the things we do. We will learn how to jump into the unknown and to respond properly to the needs of the diverse people and situations we are working with.
Improvisation serves to strengthen one’s confidence in himself and in his skills and abilities. It allows participants in training to experience visceral, ‘in the moment’ practice within an overtly reflective and supportive environment. Furthermore, improvisation encourages one to actively seek the unfamiliar, rather than simply learn to cope with it. It also represents a more fitting response to the complexity of human relations in which youth workers operate and thereby help to preserve the integrity of process-based practice.
Who is this training for?
The training was designed for youth workers, volunteers, activists, trainers and other people who work with people, that want to refresh their skills and attitudes to their days, to other people, to work and to the world.
We aim to have an overall number of 25 participants from the following countries: France, Spain, Latvia, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland, Romania and North Macedonia.
The participants must be over 18 years and have a communicative level of English language, so that they can participate fully in a program that will be in English.
This training is for you, if you…
● want to explore and experiment with specific tools from non formal artistic fields (theatre, dance, creative expression),
● want to use and imply the learned skills in your professional work with people,
● are open to sharing your own skills and learning the skills with others,
● are motivated and willing to commit to work on the objectives of the training course and participate in the whole duration of the project (preparation, training course, follow-up activities).
What will you be doing? During the training you will be:
– collecting new inputs and inspiration that renew motivations to act with commitment and new ideas.
– refreshing curiosity and playfulness in approaching your work in order to prevent burning out.
– improving your trainers’ skills to be more efficient, adaptable, responding to issues and demands in your work.
– widening your perspectives and points of view to see new opportunities, create new patterns, and avoid situations of stalemate when working with people with different cultural background.
– gathering specific tools from non formal artistic fields (theatre, dance, creative expression) that are not easily accessible for all the youth workers.
By training your own awareness, acceptance, sense of initiative you can improve the quality of your actions. We wish to support you in finding ways to more efficient and creative approach through improvisation – by developing your skills to be fully present, listen, accept and act, by equipping you with new improv based tools that you can later on use in your practice.
We will be exploring the principles and techniques of various improvisation-based methodologies. From theatre improvisation and contact improvisation activities, going into more subtler improvisation with rhythm, music and dance, closing with creative storytelling.
The dramaturgy of the program, the red line connecting above mentioned activities, was developed around the U theory of Otto Sharmer. It will guide us through a process that helps break through past unproductive patterns of behavior.
The course will also have a strong component based on the sharing of ideas, opinions, experiences and best practices, so if you consider joining the training, start thinking of some activities, you would like to propose.
In the 10 day together, we will move, talk, listen, try, fail, try again and succeed. All in random (improvised) order.
Also, bear in mind that no artistic or impro skills are needed to attend the training.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
The travel costs of the participants will be refunded after the training course (after participants send all their travel documents etc.).
- Czech Republic – 180 EUR
- Romania, Latvia, Poland, North Macedonia, Italy, France – 275 EUR
- Spain- 360 EUR
Participant contribution: 50-120 euro
Money shouldn’t be an obstacle for your participation. In case you cannot afford the contribution, please contact us.