Training Course Reconnection: physical theatre tools for youth workers
Dates: 25 August – 4 September 2019
Venue: Ankara, Turkey
Eligible are 35 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 7th July 2019
Reconnection focuses on how we can improve our performance in youth work by improving our non-verbal communication and performing skills.
Youth work is rewarding in many aspects. However, it requires hard work, commitment, creativity, and connection.
What we understand by ‘connection’ is your own connection with your body, mind, and language.
By being aware of the mutual interconnectedness of these three and striving for their harmony, you can improve what you do and how you do it.
Would you like to join us to explore this harmony and to reconnect?
Our project, “Reconnection: Physical theatre tools for youth workers” puts this on focus: how we can improve our performance in youth work by improving our non-verbal communication and performing skills. We are going to approach this through the tools of physical theatre.
- develop communication skills through physical theatre
- develop performing skills
- enriching your toolkit by offering innovative activities that better responds to the needs of young people with fewer opportunities
- provide a platform for sharing best practices
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, the United Kingdom and Turkey.
Arrival to the venue: 25 August 2019
Program days: 25 August – 3 September 2019
Departure from venue: 4 September
In Reconnection, you can improve your skills, competences; gain new knowledge and (re-)shape your attitude.
Physical theatre as a tool is a great way to improve social and presentational skills as well as body awareness. You can improve skills such as:
- Communication skills (especially non verbal)
- Communication in foreign languages
- Problem solving skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- State management: how to use body and voice
- Performing skills
- Co-creating and co-working
Through theatre methodologies and learning by doing, we offer you knowledge what you can build in your every day work:
- Voice control
- Networking methods
- Physical theatre tools
- Basics of Lecoq pedagogy
- Theatre and clown techniques
- Creative facilitation tools
- Youthpass as a tool for assessment
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your travel costs will be reimbursed until the limit:
- 530€ for participants from Ireland
- 360€ for participants from Denmark, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom
- 275€ for participants from Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Latvia and Lithuania
- 20€ for participants from Turkey
We ask 50€ participants’ contribution.