Training Course: Human Rights Education with Mixed Ability Groups
Dates: 1-12 November 2019
Venue: Riga, Latvia
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine
Application deadline: 20th September 2019
ATTENTION: Russian speaking seminar!
This is a course for professional development of youth workers, educators and youth leaders who would like to organise educational projects and programmes with mixed ability groups using Human Rights Education.
Training course “Human Rights Education with Mixed Ability Groups” is a training course for professional development of youth workers, educators and leaders of educational programmes who would like to organize educational projects, programmes and activities with mixed ability groups through human rights education.
During the Training Course participants will discover:
-How to run mixed ability inclusive youth educational activities and projects based on Human Rights Education and non-formal learning approach;
– The values, principles, concepts and methods of human rights education;
– The principles of development and running of educational programmes within Human rights education field;
– Quality and particularities of human rights education activity with mixed ability groups of young people;
– What is the experiential learning cycle;
– Effective tips and hints on how to make HRE inclusive
– The levels of responsibility working in activities and projects with youth groups of mixed ability nature;
– Effective tools and instruments of inclusive youth worker and educator;
– The realities and best practices of youth educational activities and projects in EU, Eastern Partnership region and Russia;
The recognition of youth work, Youthpass and different learning instruments, youth worker’s competences and assessment.
Participants will also:
– Work in international groups;
– Get practical experience preparing and running human rights education activities with mixed ability groups during the trainiing course;
– Explore recent developments of youth work field;
– Set personal and professional development aims;
– Have an opportunity to develop international and local educational projects in the field of youth within and outside Erasmus+ programme.
It is expected that participants (together or individually) will organise local training/educational activities after the training course integrating human rights education and mixed ability approaches.
Profile of participants:
– Youth workers and youth leaders who act as youth educators in educational programmes and projects representing NGOs, working directly with young people with some experience of educational programmes with mixed-ability groups or without, but having strong dedication to introduce mixed ability approach and human rights education in their work;
– Interested in development of their organisation/institution and inclusive youth work in their respective city, region, country and Europe;
– Motivated for further professional development
– Aged: 18+;
– Able to communicate and work in Russian;
– Able to participate in the full duration of the course
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Programme in the field of youth
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, food, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered. All participants will be accommodated in a room for 3-4 people. Three meals a day and coffee breaks will be provided in the whole duration of the activity.
Visa cost cover 100% and travel costs will be paid within the limits set by the Erasmus+ programme.
Limits for countries (most economic route will be required):
- Latvia – 20 Eur/180 Euro (depending on the region),
- Estonia, Lithuania – 180 Euro
- Ukraine, Moldova, Germany – 275 Euro
- Russian Federation – 275 Eur/360 Eur (depending on the region),
- Armenia, Azerbaijan – 360 Euro,
Please do not buy tickets before you get confirmation about acceptance and note from the organisers to buy the tickets!
The participation fee for the course is 20 Euro.