Training Course: Coding for Learning
Dates: 15-21 October 2019
Venue: Palermo, Italy
Eligible are 22 participants coming from: Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Spain
Application deadline: 15th September 2019
The project “Coding for Learning” aims to enrich the digital skills of youth workers, teachers and educators by developing the skills related to basic IT thinking and programming.
The training course based on Coding aims to bring the IT world closer to youth workers non-professionals in this field, with the final aim of transferring young people’s interest in computer programming, computational thinking and the ability to become creators rather than passive users of digital technologies. The TC will gather 22 participants among youth workers and teachers from 9 EU e non-EU countries.
Aims of the training course are:
- To improve digital skills of youth workers, teachers and educators
- To learn the basic concept of computer technology and computational thinking
- To transfer it to non-formal education and daily work with young people, including those with fewer opportunities and hard-to-reach, such as migrants, young people in conflict with the law, NEETs, and young people living in rural areas
- To know and apply coding to develop digital skills useful for strengthening the traversal skills of young people such as problem solving skills, teamwork, creativity, etc.
- To know digital tools to promote active use of the media
- To use coding to develop in young people, particularly those with fewer opportunities who do not have access to courses on this topic, a positive attitude towards programming, computational thinking and STEM.
Non formal education like work in group, reflection round, brainstorming, learning by doing.
In order to facilitate learning of Coding, we intend to make use of a visual programming language software that facilitates the programming activity by making it visual, accessible to anyone, easy to replicate (even in non-formal contexts) and fun.
Result of the Training Course
In order to support the development of digital skills in the non-formal sector, participants will contribute in the realization of an output to guide youth workers, educators and teachers to use coding for develop soft skills in young people they work with, and, as well as basic digital skills.
Youth workers, teachers and educators who daily work with young people including those with fewer opportunities and hard-to-reach, such as migrants, young people in conflict with the law, NEETs, and young people living in rural areas.
Each participant has to be committed to contribute actively for the realization of the final output which will collect contents learnt during the TC and adapted to special target group.
Age: 23+ (participation of younger youth workers or teachers can be agreed upon prior experience in the NFE sector, and in daily active work with youth).
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Board and lodging are covered by Associazione InformaGiovani with the support of Erasmus Plus during the activity period.
- Czech Republic, Republic of North Macedonia, Spain, Serbia – €275
- Estonia, Latvia – €360