E-learning: Leader in Youth Exchanges – online training course – EN – ES – IT – RO
Dates: 1 November – 15 December 2019
Venue: Online, Romania
Eligible are 300 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Application deadline: 16th October 2019
Leader in youth exchanges online course will give you the opportunity to take a closer look at youth exchanges and the human resources involved in organising them. You will arrive in a gamified world with e-books, tools, videos, 3D game and much more!
- If you are keen on working with young people,
- If you enjoy being in an international context,
- If supporting others’ learning experiences gives you a sense of achievement,
Then this may just be the course for you!
Leader in youth exchanges online course will give you the opportunity to take a closer look at youth exchanges and the human resources involved in preparing and organising them.
Shall we? You can APPLY by creating the user account here. Please check your SPAM folder as well, sometimes you can find there some messages from our side.
Do you want to know more? Here is some relevant information.
Participants: The course is open for participants from Programme and Partner countries of E+. Programme countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, North Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey and Serbia.
Objectives of the course – key elements:
During this course we will support your acquisition of the following skills:
- Gain knowledge about history around youth exchanges;
- Understand essential aspects of youth exchange projects;
- Identify and apply criteria to select leaders and participants;
- Understand advantages of organising an APV;
- Acknowledge the learning opportunities offered by a youth exchange project;
- Identify skills and competences needed for a group leader;
- Gain knowledge on safety, first aid and legal issues;
- Get familiar with specific and transversal competences expected from a group leader:
- Build positive, non-judgemental relationships with young people;
- Involve young people in planning, delivery and evaluation of non-formal activities using participatory methods;
- Create safe, motivating and inclusive learning;
- Support young people in acquiring intercultural competences;
- Facilitating individual and group learning;
- Designing programmes for young people;
- Communicating meaningfully with others;
- Displaying intercultural competence.
We will cover some basic information on the following topics: a short history of youth exchanges in Europe, choosing partners, leaders and participants in the youth exchange, planning different aspects concerning the exchange, knowledge and skills associated with youth exchange projects, participants’ safety and security.
You will be able to connect with people from different countries and learn at your own pace. Do you like reading? We provide you with e-books for every chapter. Do you learn better when someone guides you through the new material? Watch our audio-video presentations! Are you a visual learner? Use our mind maps to remember important information! Do you want to apply new knowledge? Solve the missions, take the quizzes and play the game! Do you want to further explore the topics? Consult the supplementary resources!
You will need between 32 to 40 hours (4-6 hours/week) to complete the course, depending on your study pace. You can choose your own study period within the general course period proposed: October – November – December 2019.
Price – Our course is free of charge for the participants, thanks to the funds from Erasmus+ programme and the efforts made by the team of the project.
Certificate – When you have fulfilled the basic requirements, you will get a course attendance certificate.
Languages: There are four language groups: English, Romanian, Italian and Spanish.
Levels: Basic – Intermediate.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Non – Applicable
Non – Applicable
Our course is free of charge for the participants, thanks to the funds from Erasmus+ programme and the efforts made by the team of the project.